Chapter Five

"Hey." Shawn says with a smile when you open the door.

You swallow the lump that appears in your throat when you see him. His hair is messy and a single curl is falling into his eyes, he's wearing tight black jeans and dust green t-shirt that hugs his muscles in all the right ways. 

You feel an instant flip in your stomach when he smiles and though you hate to admit it, your cheeks are beginning to burn. You clear your throat and rub your hands together to ease the nerves you suddenly feel. 

"Hey Shawn." You reply and Shawn leans in to give you a quick hug. 

For a second or two, you don't breathe. His strong cologne lingers in the air around you even he breaks the hug and takes a step back. 

"Brian wanted to tag along. I hope that's okay." Shawn says and you notice the goofy red-head behind him. 

"Hey beautiful." Brian jokes with you and forces you to roll your eyes with a laughter. 

You like Brian, he's so easy going and has the ability to make people feel completely comfortable around him. Also, Brian instantly treated you as a friend. He invited you into his life at the airport, not knowing you nor knowing your intentions, he welcomed you with such warmth and that have truly amazed you about him. 

You get the feeling that some people might find Brian slightly obnoxious but you know he's just being true to who he is. 

"Well hello handsome." You tease back and Shawn shakes his head at your small inside jokes. 

"I hope it's fine, though." Brian rushes to say and you send him a smile. 

"Of course, the more the merrier."

"Besides," Brian begins with a smirk on his face as he reaches out to give you a hug. "It's not like you have any other friends to choose from." 

"Sadly, I'm stuck with you, then." You tease him but all he does is softly shove your head to the side with a laughter. 

"You two are absolute idiots." Shawn interrupts and shakes his head at you. 

"But you love it." Brian gives back and all Shawn can do is roll his eyes at his best friend. 

Shawn pushes his fingers through his curls and you suck in air between your lips gaping slightly open by the sight. 

You wonder whether or not Shawn is aware just how good looking he is. What annoys you even more is that he's not even trying. It looks like he's thrown on a random t-shirt from his closet and only dried his hair with a towel seconds before leaving and still, he looks like a full-course meal and frankly, he has you drooling over him. 

You feel Shawn place his palm on your arms and your eyes shoots to his friendly stare. 

"Are you ready to go?" He asks you and you nod with a smile. You're simply too taken aback by his beauty to stutter out words from your mouth. "Great, the place we're going has the best pasta. You're in for a real treat." Shawn says and you lock your front door. 

As the three of your walks towards the elevator, you feel chills run down your spine as response to feeling Shawn's hand on you just seconds before. Shawn and Brian are chatting and making jokes, but you don't really listen to their words. 

You follow behind them and allow yourself to catch small glimpses of Shawn's laughter when Brian says something funny. You watch the way he shuts his eyes and the pink colour appears on his cheeks and you love the way his chuckles sound when he's trying to hold them in. 

You feel knots in your stomach and your eyes flickers towards the floor when Shawn suddenly looks over his shoulder and catch you looking at him. You put your hands in the pocket of your jeans to hide how much they are shaking.