Chapter Three

"Is this fine?" Shawn asks after folding a pair of sweatshirts and putting them on a shelve in the closet. 

"Perfect." You tell him and continue to put your underwear and your socks in drawers. 

"I'm kind of surprised with how little clothes you own." Shawn admits with a laughter, his hand scratching the back of his head. 

"I usually stick to the same four pair of jeans and my favourite hoodies." You shrug with a smile, closing the two drawers you just put clothes in. 

You look over your shoulder to catch his eyes and for a moment, you look at him and he looks at you. Neither of you are moving and you feel like you're barely breathing. 

There is something about Shawn's eyes that you cannot put your finger on, it sounds strange, but the way he looks at you makes you feel at ease. 

Your shoulders relax, you feel less tense and the constant pain in your chest seems to decrease for a second or two. You don't really understand why that happens or even how Shawn has that kind of power, but you like not hurting at every waken moment. 

"So what's next?" 

"I think we've done all the unpacking I can handle today." You laugh while looking around your new room. 

It's messy to say the least, boxes, all your favourite books and clothes all over. You just don't have the energy to continue for tonight. 

"We've made good enough progress to take a break." Shawn replies with a smile as he drops down on your floor. "If you give me your number, I can always stop by to help you with the rest."

"Thank you, Shawn. That's nice of you." You walk towards him and slide down on the floor across from him. You take a deep breath and feel the headache throbbing all the way down to your shoulders. 

"So how are you feeling with everything?" 

"To be honest," You say as your eyes wanders to find his. "I don't really know. I feel like I'm drowning in all these new impressions." 

"I guess that's not really surprising, is it?" 

"I guess not. But thank you, though. You and Brian didn't have to be this nice." 

"Don't mention it." 

"No really, I appreciate it." 

"I'm glad we managed to give you a warm welcome. Moving somewhere new can feel lonely." Shawn smiles and runs his fingers through his messy curls. 

You watch his movements carefully as you press your thighs together to cope with the frustration his looks seem to cause you. 

To distract yourself from looking at Shawn too obvious, you begin to rub your fingers nervously. Your palms feel somewhat sweaty and your heart seems to be beating in an unsteady rhythm. You clear your throat to prevent the lump from growing and then, you look towards Shawn again. 

He has crossed his legs and you notice his white t-shirt is see-through enough for you to sense the muscles hiding underneath. He's way more relaxed than you are and for a second, you worry whether or not he can tell. 

"Really lonely." You whisper to yourself while your tongue slips between your lips. "Brian seems really cool. I like him a lot." You tell Shawn with a smile and he nods at your statement. 

"Yeah, he's pretty decent." He says and rolls his eyes jokingly. 

"How well do you know him?" 

"Pretty well, we've been friends since school." 

"You guys seem really close." 

"We are. I don't think I'm closer with anyone else really." He tells you while shrugging his shoulders. "Well, maybe my sister."