Chapter 4: moonlight

(I'll tell you when to play the song)

Y/n's pov

I walk into the cabin and Chloe and Olivia and the others follow. "How long until the campfire?" I ask them. "I think 8" Ali says. "It's 7:45 now so we have about 15 minutes" Veronica says.

I hop onto my bed and change my shoes. Abbie and Zoe go out of the cabin and we all start talking. Suddenly Chloe's watch goes off. "Oh guys it's 8, let's go" She says. We all jump up and start walking out to the field.

We go through the little path that leads to the main field and I see a big flicker of light coming from the center of the field. We get closer and see a lot of senior campers around the fire, who are sitting in logs. There's tables with marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers, and councilors guarding them. I see Noah sitting with a couple of other boys from his cabin. They're talking to each other, but I'm not close enough to hear what they're saying.

"Hey y/n! Come sit here" Olivia calls from behind me. I turn around to see her and Chloe sitting on a log with a space near them. "Okay" I say as I start walking over. Just then Zoe sits down on the spot. Chloe rolls her eyes.

"Oh sorry! Was this meant to be your seat? It's okay there's more seats over by the 13 year olds!" Zoe says smugly. Girl stfu suddenly Noah appears from behind me. "There's room by us y/n if you wanna sit" He says. "Okay Noah" I say as i turn around and we start walking. I can't help but notice the look on Zoe's face when Noah starts walking with me.

We go over to Noah's other friends and he sits down. He pats the spot next to himself. I sit down and stare at the campfire. "I'm Ben" a boy says from the other side of me. I whip my head around to face him. "Oh- hi I'm y/n" I say. He puts his hand out and I shake it.

Then I feel someone grab my shoulders. I turn around and see a tanned boy, with blonde hair holding me by the shoulders. "Ummm do you mind?" I say. "Oh sorry princess" he says as he lets go. "Excuse me?!" I say shocked. "Zach go fuck off somewhere else and leave y/n alone" Noah says. "Shut up Noah" Zach says as he walks and sits to the other side of Ben. "Sorry about him, I think he likes you" Noah whispers into my ear. I turn to Noah. "He likes me?! He barely knows me" I say giving him a look. "I know but he's always all over the girls at camp, just ignore him" he says. "Okay" I laugh.

A couple of hours pass and we have roasted s'mores, sang random campfire songs and people have told some weird, fucked up stories about there life. "Okay, guys it's almost 10:30 so y'all got an hour to get your asses to bed" Samantha says laughing. Everyone scrambles up and starts walking back to the cabins. Just as I reach mine, Noah comes up to me and squeezes my hand. "Meet you tonight by the entrance of the woods at 12?" He whispers. "See you later" I say as he lets go of my hand and walks off.

I head into the cabin and change into an old T-shirt and some pajama bottoms. I brush my teeth and pull my hair into a bun. I then do my skincare and I climb up the ladder to the top bunk. Someone turns out the light- I can't tell if it's Zoe or Ali but anyways.

A couple of minutes later I hear a whisper from across the room."Hey y/n" someone whispers. "Olivia?" I Question. "Yeah, wake up chlo" she says. I swing down and shake Chloe's shoulder. "Chloe Olivia wants you" I say- well, whisper shout. "Hey don't throw me under the bus" Olivia giggles. "Hmmm" Chloe says, stretching. "Can you guys sleep" Olivia asks. "Umm yes?" Chloe says as she flops her head back into the pillow. "Ugh Fine" Olivia says as she flops back down. "Night guys" I whisper. They murmur night back and I take my phone out from behind my pillow. I set an alarm for twelve and put it back under my pillow.

I awake because of the vibration under my pillow. Ughhhh for fuck sake can I not sleep?! Oh wait I gotta see Noah now. I slowly creep down the ladder. I change my old T-shirt because there's literally fricking holes in it. I change into a tank top and I keep my pajama bottoms on. I throw on my air forces (basic bitch) and tiptoe over to the door. I carefully open it and step outside. I shut it and turn around to face the small field.

No Noah to be seen. I wait impatiently BECAUSE ITS FUCKING FREEZING and I'm not going back inside for a jacket for two minutes until I see Noah sneakily shut the door on his cabin. I fold my arms across my chest and smile at him. "Finally" I say but not too loudly. "Sorry, I kept thinking Brandon was waking up" he says as he walks up to me "cmon".

(Start le song please)

"Remind me, why exactly we are going there?" I say. "Because... when we were hiking this afternoon you said you liked adventure, so I'm taking you on one" He explains. "You listened?" I said surprised. "Yeah, who wouldn't?" He replies. "Eh I just thought everyone ignored me" I say looking down. "Nah I wouldn't ignore you, your an interesting person." Noah says. I smile. "Okay we need to start going or else someone will catch us and we will be in deep shit" noah says and he grabs my hand. We walk quickly into the woods.

Once the trees cover us, Noah slows down and lets go of my hand. "How long will this take?" I ask him. "Not too long, only like five minutes" he says. "How are you not fucking freezing?!" I exclaim. "How ARE you fucking freezing, it's fucking roasting" he says. "Yo stop with the fucking language" I say. "You fucking started it" he laughs.

We walk a bit further into the woods. "You still cold?" Noah asks. "A little" I say shivering. "Here" He says as he takes of his hoodie and hands it to me. "Thanks" I say as I put it on. "How many girls have you given this too?" I continue, laughing. "None, actually" Noah says seriously "it's my favorite hoodie and I don't want it ruined, but I can trust you with it". I blush a bit, thank god its dark. "Fan behavior" I say rolling my eyes. We both start laughing until I hear some running water.

"We're almost there" Noah says. "Kk" I reply. We continued walking down the muddy path. The woods broke apart slowly to reveal a big waterfall trickling into a river.

"Ta da" Noah says doing jazz hands. I laugh and walk over, closer to the waterfall. "How do you get behind it?" I ask him. "Wait here" He says as he scoots past me and steps onto a rock. He hops onto another in the middle of the river and finally jumps onto the other side of the river. "Okay hop on the rocks I went on" Noah says. I jump onto them and end up in the middle of the river. "Uhhh What next?" I ask him"I wasn't looking". "Take my hand" he says as he puts out his hand. I hold onto it and he pulls me over to him.

"Okay, I'll go first now" he says as he disappears behind the waterfall. "Noah?" I call out. Noah's voice echos back "I'm here just come over I'll help you". I walk over to the bit he just went behind. I see a sliver of rock behind the rushing waterfall which leads to an entrance of someplace. "I can't go on that I'll fall" I say. "No you won't I got you" Noah says.

I stare at the rock hesitantly for a bit until I decide to step on. I cling onto the rock on the wall. My ears are being blown up by the sound of the gushing waterfall behind me. I slide over to the last bit until I lose my grip and start to slip. I let out a small scream and close my eyes but I feel something around my waist.

I get pulled up somewhere and I open my eyes. Noah's a couple of inches away from my face and his arms are wrapped around my waist. "I told you I got you" He says before lifting me up and putting me into a larger ledge. "Thanks" I say. He climbs up next to me and he puts his arm round me to direct me to look around.

I turn around to see a small cave, with a massive piece gone out of it in front of us which creeps up to the roof. The full moon is shining above us. "Are you gonna turn into a werewolf or something?" I say sarcastically. "Nah not today." He says laughing. I duck under Noah's arm and sit down on the hard, cold floor.

I look out of the wide gap and stare at the view. There's a large forest with tall, trees towering up in the sky. You can see the bright moon peeping through the trees which shines on Noah and I. I feel Noah sit next to me. I turn to him "I cant imagine the number of girls you made out with here". "Yeah the number's about to go up higher" he says as he turns to me an jumps at me. I scream and lean back. Noah sits back down and starts laughing at me. "I'm kidding" he says. I awkwardly laugh too.

"The views really pretty" I say. "Yeah, the moonlight always shines through the trees here, it calms me" noah replies. "I like the moonlight too" I say. "I feel like I can really be me with you y/n" he says out of the blue. "Oh-" I say. "I don't mean it like that" he laughs "even though we've only known each other for like 12 hours your like a best friend to me. It's not like I can bring some of the boys here Yeah know?". "Okay good- I thought you were gonna say you like me or something" I laugh. Noah laughs too but looks away. "Even though I've only been in America for like a week I feel like I have a best friend too" I say. "Who?" Noah questions. "You, you dumbass" I laugh. We both continue staring out at the view and I lay my head on Noah's shoulder.