Chapter 10: "girl stuff"

Y/n's pov

I was wrapped up in my thoughts until I let go of Noah slowly. What if I do like Noah? No. No. I don't. We're friends. He only sees me as a friend. Nothing more. "You good? You zoned out" Noah says as I snap back to reality. I stare at him. I notice his green and hazel eyes shining in the light. His ruffled up fluffy hair hiding in his hood but I couple of bits sticking out. His hands still holding onto my shoulder.

"Oh what? Yeah. I'm fine" I say as I turn back to the screen. Everyone sits down again and the movie starts playing.

A couple of hours later and we've gone through some more movies. The councilors tell us it's time for dinner. We head outside to the drizzling rain and walk back towards the dining hall. We go inside and get out dinner. I sit down between Ali and Chloe. Across from us is Noah and Liam while the other girls are spread around the other tables. I take a bite of pizza when Ali says "i heard one of the councilors say that tomorrow we're all going on a hike near some waterfalls about 2 hours away". "2 hours?! How are we gonna get there?" Noah asks. "Probably bus or something" Liam suggests. We all nod in agreement and go back to eating.

Later that night a couple of us our sitting on a bench outside just chatting. Even though there's a light drizzle we don't mind. I can feel the water soaking through my pants from the bench though. The rain starts getting heavier so we decide to go inside. "Okay I'm getting soaked I'm going inside" I say, my hair dripping. "See you guys tomorrow" Jess says to the other boys. "Bye guys" Brandon says. I get up and start jogging to the cabin. "Byeeee Noah" I call out. "Nighttt" I hear Noah call from behind.

The 6 of us girls, Chloe, Olivia,Jess,Ali,Ronnie and I scramble inside, drenched. Zoe and Abbie are nowhere to be seen. "Where is Zoe and Abbie gone?" Ronnie asks. "Probably with Zach and his other dipshit friends" Chloe replies angrily, Noah Probably told her about last nights events.

"Alright I'm taking a shower because I'm freezing and dripping" I say walking towards the bathroom. "Same" I hear Chloe and Olivia say behind me. We all walk into separate stalls and turn on the showers.

As I'm washing my hair I hear Chloe say "so y/n what's the deal with you and Noah?". "What are you talking about" I say. "Okay we know your friends and all but somethings different now, you guys are acting weird. Well, weirder than normal" Olivia calls out from another stall. I start "Nothing, I already told you-" "Yeah yeah your friends sureee" Chloe interrupts. "We are!" I stammer. "Nothing more". "Well, In my 16 years of living with a complete dumbass called Noah I've never seen him act like that with a girl" Chloe says. I go silent. Why is he acting like that with me? Me?! Out of all people...... Does he have a crush on me? Nononono nope, he doesn't. "Ooooo I bet you y/n's blushing rn" Olivia says. "No I'm not!" I say. blushing. "Okay but since today you've been acting different around him" Chloe says. "I- im not, it's just because of infinity war. It's a sad movie okay-" I say nervously. "Then what about when we were watching mean girls, you were leaning your head on his shoulder" Olivia says. "I was just tired Okay- can I please just shower in peace" I say annoyed. The girls go silent.

I finish my shower and get dressed. Then I storm into the bedroom. I climb into my bed and I shove in my AirPods and start listening to music. Trying to drown out everyone.

I wake up suddenly. I had a nightmare about what happened back in Ireland- I sit up with Harry styles playing in my AirPods. I take them out. What time is it? I check my phone 12:56am the lights were all off but I could hear muffled whispering. I listen carefully. "........ I can tell he likes her...... I don't know Olivia!............ no I'm not asking her..... or him............she was in a bad mood a while ago.......okay shut up we'll talk about this tomorrow I'm tired" I hear Chloe say underneath me. What is she talking about? Who does "he" like?? Who is "he"? I roll over and try to fall asleep again.

I wake up to the sound of people shouting outside. The light is sifting through the curtains. I yawn and climb down the ladder. I walk into the bathroom and change into a cropped t-shirt and some shorts. I braid my hair and walk back into the room to Everyone else snoring their heads off. I head back into the bathroom and I wash my teeth and do my skincare.

Once I'm finished I walk straight outside. I'm still pissed of at Chloe and Olivia for asking me so much questions last night. I go over to the dining hall and see Noah inside. "Hey" I say grumpily. "Hey happy" he says. He laughs at his sarcasm while i give him a dirty look. "Why are you in a mood?" He asks me. "I'm mad at chloe and Olivia" I say quickly. "Why?" He questions. "Oh it's Nothing, just girl stuff" I say trying to cover up the real reason why I'm pissed. "Well if you're pissed off with girls maybe you can sit next to me on the bus.. you know... to get away from the "girl stuff"" he says with air quote. I laugh "Okay dork".

An hour later we're walking to the entrance of the camp. You can see the buses from afar. Chloe and Olivia are keeping their distance from me, whispering occasionally to each other while I walk with noah.

Once we get onto the bus I see Chloe and Olivia staring at me as I'm walking up the aisle. They both gave me a "im sorry" look. I stare at them and then turn to sit next to noah. The whole journey to the waterfall we both stare out at the road. The road stretches through a large woods for a good while. I remember the road from when we first drove up to the camp. Noah and I talk about marvel for the rest of the trip until we finally reach the waterfall hike.

After a long couple of hours of trekking up the side of a waterfall and back down again we arrive back at the buses. Everyone loads on and I sit at the window seat, with Noah beside me. "The buses are different here" I tell him. "Oh really?" He says. "Yeah we don't have these standard buses, we got ones with separate seats and they all look different" I continue. "Cool" Noah says.

Noah's pov

We talk for a bit until we sit in comfortable silence. I feel y/n lean against my shoulder. She's staring out the window while listening to music. I don't think she notices me staring at her.

Suddenly a tear rolls down her cheek. She then takes her head off my shoulder, scoots away from me and turns her head away from me. "Y/n. Are you okay?" I ask her worriedly "di- did I do something?" She turns to me with tears in her eyes and puts her head down.