Morag, aka, My Brother the Idiot

A/N: It would make my entire life if someone actually read this. But the odds that that will happen are NOT in my favor. If you ARE reading this, despite how unlikely it is, please enjoy more of my writing. Also, (Y/N) = your name, (y/hc)= your hair color, (y/ec) = your eye color, (Y/NN) = your nickname.

I hate this planet. It brings back bad memories. And guilt. The landscape is desolate and burnt. Like where the orphanage burnt down. I want to go back to the Milano.

Peter seems to notice my discomfort, because he turns to me and speaks through the commlink in our helmets. "You good, (Y/NN)?"

I lie, because we have to get this orb. We have to. "Yeah, I'm fine. Let's just get the orb and get the heck out of this place."

We walk a while in silence, before Peter pulls a scanning device from his coat pocket, and starts attempting to start it up. When it fails, he begins to shake it hard, as if it were suddenly going to become sentient and start itself. I roll my eyes. Seriously, Peter. We all know there's only one sibling here who's good with tech, and it's not you.

It's me.

"Gimme that," I command, clearly exasperated. When he fails to follow through, I snatch the device from his hands, and it starts up immediately.

"How do you do that!?" Peter stares in awe.

"Practice. That, and I built the thing. Now, come on. The sooner we leave, the better." I lead us the rest of the way across the desert-like ground to the temple. I pause just outside when I spot a young girl, playing with her dog. Poor girl. She has no clue that her world will soon fall, taking her and her beloved animal with it. She reminds me of myself. I feel Peter tap my shoulder, jerking me back to reality.

"Is that it?" he jerks a thumb towards the temple.

I nod. "Let's do this."

As soon as we walk in the temple, Peter removes his helmet. I panic, internally of course, because Peter, WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU DO THAT?! YOU COULD DIE! He then turns to me and gives me the thumbs up.

"Air's breathable!"

I remove my helmet. "You're an idiot, Peter."

"Would I still be an idiot if I let you pick the song?"

"Yes, but you'd be an idiot with my sisterly favor and love."

"I can live with that."

I choose Come and Get Your Love by Redbone, because whenever that song plays, he dances like a lunatic. Well, he does that with any song, but this one is especially funny and I need the distraction.

True to tradition, Peter begins dancing like a true moron. I can't help but laugh and dance along, and soon he's spinning me around the ash-covered floors. After a little bit of begging, he even gets me to sing along. Everyone I've sung for says I have the voice of an angel, but to me, it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. And I've heard Peter and Yondu sing a duet in secret. Scratch that, the duet is the most ridiculous, but my voice definitely takes second. 

Once we finally reach the chamber, Peter turns to me. "Did you bring the magnet thing?"

"One, it's called an electromagnet. Two, we didn't spend three hours going over this plan for nothing, did we? Of course I brought it. If anyone's making a stupid mistake, it's gonna be you."