Xandar, aka, Is That Raccoon Staring At Me?

A/N: ...I can't think of anything to say here this time. Enjoy the story.

We're here. Finally.

Peter is flirting with Bereet, so he sent me off to get something. I already forgot what. He's not actually expecting me to bring it anyway. I made a bet with Peter secretly on the way out as well. Ten units if she's gone when I get back.

I wander aimlessly around Xandar for a little while, before I notice a small and out of place mammal. It's looking straight at me, but glances away as soon as I meet it's gaze. Huh.

I can hear Peter coming up behind me. He's going to try and jump scare me. He always does. He comes right up to me and grabs my waist. I don't even flinch. Instead, I slowly clap my hands and turn around.

"Well done, Peter. Next time, a little less noisy footsteps. Also," I glance around, looking for Bereet, "I think you owe me ten units."

Peter sighs and hands over the money, which I greedily shove into my wallet. "C'mon, (Y/N). We don't want to keep the Broker waiting."

I bring my eyes back to the raccoon one more time, only to find his gaze back one me. Once again, he quickly looks away. "Peter, can I ask you something absurd?"

"I mean, I ask you absurd things all the time, so why not?"

"Is that raccoon staring at me?"

Peter looks over at the raccoon. "Yes."

"Huh." That's all I can say.

~Third Person: Meanwhile at the Fountain~

Rocket is bored. They've been at this for hours. He decides to resort to one of his new favorite pastimes. People watching with a twist. The twist is he taunts everyone he sees.

"Xandarians. What a bunch of losers. All of 'em in a big hurry to get from something stupid to nothing at all. Pathetic." He turns the holoscreen he's been using to (try to) detect bounties for the past few hours towards a tall blond man (or at least, tall from his point of view). "Look at this guy! Can you believe they call us criminals when he's assaulting us with that haircut?!" He turns the screen to a small child. "What is this thing? Look how it thinks it's so cool. It's not cool to get help! Walk by yourself, you little gargoyle" He turns the screen once more, this time to an older man (STAN LEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!) talking to a young woman. "Look at Mr. Smiles over here. Where's your wife, old man? What a class-A prevert." Rocket laughs at his own little narration of everyone walking by. "Right, Groot? Groot?" He turns over his shoulder to see his best friend drinking water from the fountain. "Don't drink fountain water, you idiot! That's disgusting!" Groot shakes his head in denial. "Yes, you did! I just saw you doing it! Why are you lying?"

Suddenly, like fate in and of itself, Rocket's holoscreen begins to beep. "Whoop. Looks like we got one." He holds up the screen to see Peter talking with Bereet. "Okay, humie, how bad does someone wanna find you?" When he sees the bounty, Rocket's eyes widen. "Forty thousand units?! Groot, we're gonna be rich!" But Groot has returned to his previous engagement of drinking the fountain. Rocket sighs and shakes his head at his friend, before his tablet begins beeping again. "Two in one day! This is great!"

When Rocket spies the second Quill, however, he doesn't look at the bounter, or the history of the girl, or even the amount of reward units, something you can always trust him to look at. No, he drops the tablet and only sees her eyes. Her beautiful (y/ec) eyes. Suddenly, it registers that those eyes are looking back. He immediately drops his gaze, only daring to return it after her brother comes over and distracts her.