The Plan, aka, Peter Gets The Leg

A/N: I'm out of things to write here, and it looks weird compared to the other chapters if I DON'T write one, so here we are.

I'll start the continuation of my story with Peter saying something idiotic.

"Listen, I couldn't care less whether you live or whether you die!" Amazing, Peter. Did you forget that we need her to sell the Orb? Thankfully, Gamora brushes it off.

"Then why stop the big guy?"

"Simple. You know where to sell my Orb."

"Our Orb," I correct him.

"Not the time, (Y/N)."

"How are we gonna sell it when we and it are still here?" Gamora questions Peter, who doesn't have the slightest clue and turns to me for help. I think quickly, and something Rocket said earlier pops into my head.

"My friend Rocket here," Rocket looks up at me, obviously thinking something along the lines of: What the heck does this humie want now?. I continue speaking, "Has escaped twenty-two prisons."

He smirks at me before speaking, something I've learned to interpret as a bad sign. "We're getting out, Princess. And then we're headed straight to Yondu to retrieve your and your brother's bounties."

But I expected this, and my hidden defense argument was directed towards Gamora. "How much was your buyer willing to pay you for our Orb?"

What I didn't expect, was her answer. "Four billion units."

"What?!"

"Dang!"

I say nothing, but my eyes widen in surprise. No one, or at least no one I've met, has that much money, let alone can afford to buy a mere trinket with it!

"That Orb is my opportunity to get away from Thanos and Ronan. If you free us, I'll lead you to the buyer directly and split the profit between the four of us."

"I am Groot," a voice comes from seemingly nowhere, causing us to jump.

"Five of us. Asleep for the danger, awake the money, as per usual," Rocket criticizes his friend.

"You should take jump scaring lessons from Groot," I whisper to Peter.

"Yeah, no kidding."

~Third Person for Thanos and because I have nothing else to fill in this time skip~

"You have been betrayed, Ronan."

"We only know that she has been captured. Gamora may yet recover the Orb."

"No! Our sources within the Kyln say Gamora has her own plans for the Orb. Your partnership with Thanos is at risk. Thanos requires your presence. Now!"

Ronan recalls this previous conversation as he rants whilst pacing across the mound of asteroid known as Sanctuary.

"With all due respect, Thanos, your daughter made this mess, and yet you summon me."

"I would lower your voice, Accuser," Thanos' minion counters.

"First, she lost a battle with two primitives."

"Thanos put Gamora under your charge!"

"Then, she was apprehended by the Nova Corps."

"You're the one here with nothing to show for it!"