Chapter 64 - The Verdict

A/N: (I have no self control when it comes to uploading chapters... here's another)

I looked down at the test in my hands and stood up in front of the toilet. Dabi took a few steps back and lent on the door frame.

I frowned and turned to face Dabi. "Umm maybe a little privacy would be nice, unless you want to watch me pee." My frown shifted as I raised an eyebrow.

I almost though I saw Dabi smile when he turned around and walked out of the bathroom. "I've seen you do worse." He chuckled as he left.

Look he's not wrong... but maybe I wanna keep what's left of my dignity in check...

He closed the door slightly as he left and I sat down on the toilet. I drunk some more water to help ease my nerves. Totally didn't work.

After I was finished and flushed the toilet I placed the test on the floor and sat in front of it. Dabi opened the door and walked back in sitting down next to me.

I said nothing, just stared into the little test window that would decide my fate for the rest of my life... no biggie.

How could I be so careless... I literally know nothing about Dabi.... well not much...and that's even if that baby is Dabi's.... man I fucked up...

I jolted when I felt Dabi's hand touch my arm. "Sorry I could tell you were deep in spiralling thoughts so I thought I'd break you outta them." He smirked.

"Why? Why are you being so nice to me? It's out of pity isn't it?" I said letting out a sigh. "I don't need your pity party telling me everything's going to be sunshine and rainbows."

He chuckled again. "I swear to god you'll never hear those words come from my mouth. Look, I'll leave you alone if that's what you want." He said as he was about to get up.

"No please." I said gently placing a hand on his thigh. "Please don't go."

As much as I want him to go I want him to stay so much more... I miss him... maybe he kinda misses me too...

I continued to look at the test, it had me mesmerised. Dabi reached forward and spun it over so it was face down.

I looked over to him. "What did you do that for?"

"Well however long it takes for that test to work you'll just be looking at it thinking you see something. This way you can just wait till the 5 minutes or whatever are up." He sighed looking down at my hand still on his thigh.

I quickly pulled the hand back. "Shit sorry."

We sat there in silence for what felt like hours, turned out to only be 1 minute or so. "Dabi." I said softly.

He hummed in response. "Mmm"

"I'm sorry." I said closing my eyes for a moment before I opened them. "I'm so fucking sorry, I shouldn't have slept with Chase no matter how angry at you I was. It just hurt so much, the thought of you sleeping with Ren. Because... because I loved you Dabi. And I know it won't take back what I did and I'm not asking for forgiveness, but I just wanted you to know that." I said softly as I noticed a tear fall from my eye.

Oh what the heck... must be those pregnancy hormones... ahhhhh fuck me....

I quickly ran the back of my hand under my eye to wipe away the tears. Dabi stayed silent and looked back at the test.

"Oh do you think it's been long enough?" I asked looking at the test also.

I don't really mind that he ignored that... could have been worse... he could have just shut me down...