Chapter 6: Discover

It was the next day and Seraphina was walking through Wellston's halls with a certain tall blonde. They had just turned the corner into a quieter hallway, much more relaxing than the current clogged up hallway they were just in.

"Seraphina." The blonde male called the female's name trying to get her attention.

"Seraphina." He tried again, glancing down at the girl in question. He was quite tall, above average. When she didn't answer again, he started to get impatient. He noted that if she continued staring daggers into the floor, she would probably start burning holes through it.

"Hey! Seraphina!"
"Huh?!" The magenta-haired female startled as her blue eyes flew wide open and she snapped her head up to look at the male who towered over her. Her face was no longer scrunched up in a thoughtful worried expression as she was now fully aware with all her attention focused on her fellow student.

"What is it, Arlo?" She practically snapped, turning her head from looking up at him to face straight forwards

"Well, jeez! Someone is moody today. Excuuuuse me." Arlo scoffed, drawing out the word "excuse" while turning away from her and rolling his blue eyes in exasperation.

Seraphina, in return, rolled her own blue eyes and turned to look out one of the windows as they walked.

They walked in silence for a few moments before Arlo finally sighed and turned back towards her.
"Seriously, Seraphina, is something going on? You're all spacey today. Is something important on your mind?"

Seraphina stopped walking. Arlo, in turn, stopped as well and turned around to face her while stuffing his hands in the pockets of his dark grey pants while waiting for an answer.
Seraphina contemplated on whether she should tell the curly-haired blonde or not, but she decided to just get her thoughts off her chest.

"It's the headmaster." She sighed, crossing her arms over her chest and fixing Arlo with her piercing sapphire gaze.
Arlo raised an eyebrow.
"What about him?"
"Well, I ran into him the other day. I asked him about John's disappearance thinking he might know something, but he brushed it off as if he already knows the whole situation." Seraphina responded to the question while studying one of the yellowish-green highlights that adorned her magenta hair.

"John's been missing? Well, come to think of it, it has been less chaotic lately." Arlo snorted while tilting his head slightly to the left and leaning more on his left leg with his hands still in his pockets.

"It's like he just disappeared into thin air with no reason behind it." The young female mumbled more to herself than to the male in front of her.
"How would the headmaster know where he is?" Arlo asked, narrowing his eyes in thought.
Seraphina sighed, closing her eyes and shaking her head.

"I don't know, but something just tells me that something is wrong with John." With that, Seraphina's eyes snapped open, glowing with determination. She whipped around and started speed walking away down the hall with Arlo quickly running after her.
"Where are you going? I thought you were heading to the Safe House. It's the other way." Arlo called after her, pointing over his shoulder with his thumb to prove his point, but the magenta-haired girl kept walking.

"I'm going to the headmaster's office." Seraphina simply stated while keeping her eyes fixated ahead. She wanted answers she felt Vaughn had.
Arlo had easily caught up to her and was now matching her pace. It wasn't very hard since his legs were so long.
"Why do you care so much about this anyway?" He asked her.

Seraphina nearly stopped dead in her tracks. His question surprised her. She honestly didn't know why she cared about this whole situation. About John. Even after he insulted her and pushed her away, she still cared. What was even more funny was that she didn't hold it against him. Of course she was hurt and angered by the things he said and did, but she knew it wasn't him talking, but more his pent up anger and pain. She made herself a promise that she was going to do everything she could to help John.