Chapter 9: Support

Warning: Suicide mention, murder
The pair sat together for a little longer, Seraphina cradling John in her warm embrace, and John snuggling and sniffling in her arms.

The girl continued to soothingly rub the ravenette's back as his sniffles gradually came to a stop, and the two were eventually sitting on the bed in a comfortable silence, much different from the painful silence just a little while ago.

John closed his eyes as he inhaled deeply, trying to fully return his breathing back to normal as a large yawn interrupted the process. His head was now pressed against Seraphina's chest as she had stopped rubbing his back to instead run her fingers through his thick hair.

She had done this before whenever John was upset or angry in the past, and she grew to learn on which ways she did it were most comforting to him and would calm him down the best.

Yes she paid attention to things like that. That wasn't weird was it?
John began dozing off as he felt Seraphina's fingers continue to tangle themselves in his black hair. For the first time in a long time, he felt safe enough to close his eyes without the feeling of dread surrounding him like a thick fog, knowing that the terrors of his past would be waiting for him in the dream world. He was so tired.

Just as he was about to drift into the sweet abyss of unconsciousness, Seraphina's voice snapped him awake, and he was instantly on high alert as she began speaking to him.
"Hey, John. Are you feeling a bit better now?"

The young female asked. She knew it was probably a stupid question, but she asked anyway, all while continuing to brush her fingers through his hair. She could tell the small action was greatly soothing and appreciated by the broken teen laying in her arms.

John opened his mouth as he tried to speak, but his response came out raspy and hardly comprehendable. Made sense since the most he had spoken all week was just three words. Three words that held so much meaning behind them. Three words that held so much suffering and pain and truth.

"Here." Seraphina found herself gently breaking away from the embrace, and crawling a bit across the bed towards the nightstand on the other side as she reached both her arms out to grab the glass of water, as well as the sandwich off the wooden surface. Water would help soothe John's throat, and hopefully she could get him to eat as well. He needed to. How he had gone this long without food was beyond her.

John had subconsciously let out a soft cry of protest at suddenly being removed from the protective warmth that was Seraphina, and was now sitting upright, his hands grasping at the white blanket he had pulled in front of him, and his golden eyes staring at the gray bed sheets below him.

The magenta-haired girl made her way back over to the young male, and he turned his gaze upward to look at her as she sat back down on her knees in front of him while extending her arm out towards him with a glass of water in hand.

"Here." She repeated, her azure eyes meeting his golden ones. "This will help."
John gratefully took the glass from her hand and Seraphina watched as he took large gulps of the clear liquid inside the glass. She noticed how red his nose was, and his eyes were equally as red and puffy from crying, the red being a huge contrast to his ghostly pale skin Seraphina watched as he finally finished the water, and leaned down over the bed to place the glass on the carpeted floor below.
John straightened back up on the bed, ready to answer the questions Seraphina most likely had, when a plate was shoved in his face.

"Eat." Seraphina ordered, her expression hard with seriousness as her blue gaze seemed to penetrate his soul. John didn't really mind, though. He found himself finding comfort within those blue depths.

Snapping himself out of his trance, John looked down at the white plate Seraphina was holding, and saw a simple turkey and cheese sandwich atop it. His stomach loudly rumbled just at the sight of it, and he turned away wrapping his arms around his stomach in embarrassment, a light blush dusting his cheeks.