Chapter Eight - Live in the moment

Hello everyone! How is everyone? You all doing okay? Well, I hope you are and if not I hope it gets better! Anyway thanks for coming back and continuing to read my story. Like always please continue to comment on your thoughts throughout the chapter! I love seeing what you think about the plot and the different things that happen. It brings joy to my day knowing some people like the book! Hope you like the chapter! (I wrote this authors not months ago so let me also just say sorry it took soooo long)

After putting Esme to bed Robin comes back downstairs. But before he can make it to Regina everything goes black and he's in the forest all alone.

Robin's dream world:

Robin wakes up on the cold forest ground. There's a pain in his lower back and he feels it bruising already. He groans and rolls over. Underneath him was a sharp stick. He pulls it out from underneath him and throws it into the trees. He gets up and looks around. Soon he sees Marian come walking out. Behind her trails Timothy. "Hello, my dear." She says kindly. "Hello." Robin mumbles.

Then out of the other side of the trees walks out Regina. She's holding Esme a while Henry holds Daniella in his arms. Regina has her other hand on her stomach and smiles warmly at Robin. "Hi, Daddy," Esme mumbles around her pacifier. Robin smiles warmly at the little girl. His little girl.

Then red smoke appears next to Robin. Rumple appears next to him. Like right next to him. He lets out a giggle and does his famous pose. Robin looks over and steps away. He's much too close to the man for his liking. Rumple rolls his eyes. "How rude." He says in a low done. Robin almost feels guilty. Almost. But he doesn't. "Well, I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to make your choice." Rumple says pointing to the two families.

Robin gulps. Now he had to choose again? He sighs inwardly. This will either ruin his life or change it for the better.

"Well, obviously he's going to choose me. I'm his wife." Marian replies. Robin sighs. What has gotten into Marian lately?

"I'd probably be his wife if you hadn't shown up." He hears Regina grumble quietly. Marian scoffs. "Like my Robin would ever marry a monster like you." Robin's eyes waver over to the small child in Regina's arms. She has her tiny hand inside Regina's shirt for comfort and has tears running down her small cheeks.

He looks at Marian. He lights brown eyes that he used to love so much. He had always loved how long she kept her hair, one of his favorite things used to be running his fingers through it while they kissed. He sees him meeting her, he sees their wedding, he sees their son being born. He sees the life they used to have. His heart aches but not exactly out of love. Yes, he loves Marian but not like he used to. His heart aches because he realizes something. That was their life! And it was spectacular but it was then and now it.

Then he looks over at Regina. At her beautiful face glowing in the moonlight. Her soft red lips, the scar above her top lip, her soft dark brown hair. He looks into her chocolate brown eyes. The eyes that hold so much hurt but so much love. The love for her father, for Daniel, for Snow and Emma and Granny. For Henry and Daniella and his son. For him and their unborn child! All his times with her come flooding into his mind. He sees their times during the missing year, he sees their kiss in front of Granny's, he sees her at the tavern when she opened the door. He sees her! He sees the love of his life! He remembers the future with her he saw. He remembers the hallway of doors, their little boy Ryder's unfinished room, their daughter Esme's room with the gold crown sheets, he sees Daniella's room and Roland's and Henry's. He remembers how happy Roland was before Marian returned, how happy he was to finally be a normal kid with a mom and a dad and a big house with siblings and a routine. He wants that for Roland. For himself and Regina. For Henry and Daniella. For their little girl Esme who has yet to come into this world. Of course, Roland loves Marian or at least he will. Of course, Robin will always have a place for Marian in his heart but it doesn't belong to her anymore. It belongs to Regina. His heart belongs to his Regina!