Episode one: Familiar Faces, Part one.

It's been an interesting hiatus and I'm sad to inform that I have no idea when the next part will be up. I hope you enjoy what I have here though. Until next time. Also happy new year!
Updated inaccurate time frames in the story- 8-25-22
~~~~~
"AJ. Hey buddy wake up." AJ turned over and swatted the air. "Nope, you have to wake up Goofball." He felt a hand gently touch his face. He peaked out through one eye to see Clementine looking at him quizzically, she looked...happy. "Okay sleepy head, seriously. Get your butt up right now." She said firmly. AJ sighed then sat up, stretching on the way. "Hey! Good morning!" She laughed.

"G'mornin." He responded groggily. Clementine reached for her crutches and pulled herself up from the bed.

"Today's your trip with Louis. You gotta get ready. C'mon, we've got breakfast going. It's not much but you need to eat something before you go." She made her way over to the door and held it open. AJ yawned as he dragged himself away from the bed and towards the door. She gestured with one of her crutches for him to go first and out the door they went.

After a bowl of what seemed to be rice, AJ gathered a backpack of supplies. First and foremost he grabbed his gun which was actually in the back of his jeans for easy access. He then grabbed water, extra bullets, a knife, and a rope. Can't be too sure when a rope might come in handy so there's always a rope on someone. Louis held similar items but he also had the map just in case they took a wrong turn. He also brought binoculars and a bow and some arrows for if things need to go "sneaky ninja stealth mode". His words.

Clem held Louis' hand as everyone said their goodbyes, Goodluck's, and be carefuls. He lifted her hand to his mouth and kissed it. He winked at her then reassured her that they would be back in one piece and hopefully with some new allies. She reluctantly agreed and nodded at him, even if this was her idea.

"I'm serious, be vigilant you two. Stay aware of your surroundings and look carefully at body language or anything at all." She said as they both walked through the gates.

"We will Clem!" Louis said. "Wasn't this your idea to send me away? You seem so worried!" He said teasingly as he slowly walked backwards toward the forest.

"Hey just because I trust you doesn't mean I still can't be worried!" She said. He lifted his hand up to his mouth and kissed it then proceeded to blow it in her direction. She rolled her eyes at him and closed the gate. But Louis noticed the grin on her face as he turned towards the forest. He felt accomplished from getting a reaction out of her.

Clementine stood at the gate a little longer, watching AJ and Louis disappear into the forest. She sighed. She's gotten attached to someone, she realized. She wasn't supposed to go this far into a relationship but there's something about that boy. Sure they had a rough relationship when she first arrived at the school but somehow he forgave them. She didn't deserve it, she didn't deserve his kindness or care. She leaned her head on the cold bars. "You both better come back to me." She whispered to herself. The sound of footsteps came closer and closer to her. She composed herself once more and turned around to greet whoever was coming her way. Ah, Ruby and Violet this will probably be an interesting conversation.

"Hey." Clem spoke first.

"How are you doin' Clem?" Ruby asked.

"Oh, I'm doing okay. Thank you."

"Your leg isn't bothering you?" She questioned again. Violet was silent.

"Ruby, it's been a week. I'm fine. It only hurts when I'm up for long periods of time. I seriously hope that goes away." Clem reassured her but she could tell she wanted to ask something else and Violet was obviously waiting for something to be said too. "Um, do you need something?" Her eyebrow raised. Ruby went to open her mouth but then closed it and decided against it.