Chapter 11 - Cliché

"She's asleep," Elsa kisses Chris on the cheek as everyone else files out the car.

"Someone bring her to her room, let her sleep off her sugar high-" Tom suggests, giving a soft smile to the small snore you let out.

"Or, we wake her up," Seb climbs into the car and takes you into his arms. "Hey there, N/n," With no reply he smiles and takes you out, his boots crunching in the snow. Walking to the nearest pil of snow the group starts to hold in snickers.

"I don't think-" Tom begins but was stopped when Seb dropped you into the snow.

"Sweet baby Anna!" You scream at the snow which started to seep into your clothes. "What the hell?!"

"Morning, sleepy head," Evans peers into the deep snow where you laid staring up.

"I'm going to kill you all," your jaw clattered as you were hoisted up by Mark.

"You can do that once we've checked in,"

~~~

It was a large cabin with everything needed. Lounge, kitchen, game room, cinema... Except enough rooms.

"Here you guys go," Robert passed you your key and Tom the second copy once inside.

"Wait what? Why are we sharing a room?"

Susan held back a grin. "Seb, Anthony and Tom got the three bed room, so that leaves you with Tom,"

"Why can't Scarlet, Liz and I have the three bed?"

"Because we dibs!" Seb sent a wink your way, flaring red in your cheeks.

"Fine," with knuckles turning white at the grip you had on your keys, everyone walked up the stairs of the cabin with their things. At the end of the hall, next to the girl's room was yours.

"No way," You dropped your bag at the door once it swung open. One bed. In a flurry of embarrassment you knocked next door. "Guys?"

"What's up, N/n?" Liz peers around the door to you.

"I think Robert and Susan gave us the wrong room, there's only one bed,"

"No, it's the right room," Scarlet calls with a grin.

"What do you-" A glare set in your face, knowing exactly what their plan is. "You little-" Pushing open the door, you shut and lock it behind you. "You planned this!"

"Us? Plan something so devious and brilliant?"

"No, not alone," Liz adds on making your gape. "Oh, yeah, the other girls plus Robert and Holland were in on it, Zendaya gave the idea,"

"You sneaky little-" holding back the urge you grab them by the throat you sigh and storm out the door.

"So... are we going to have to share?" Tom lifted his bag onto the bed.

"Yeah... sorry,"

"That's alright, nothing to be sorry about," He gave a sympathetic side smile as you placed away your things.

~~~

This was it.

You were going to die.

A bit dramatic, yes, but if your heart pounded against your chest any harder it would leap out, crawl away and leave you for dead.

"I... I hope you don't mind but I don't sleep with a shirt... I can put one on if you want but I just-" Tom started once you left the bathroom in your PJs.

"Don't worry, Tom, we're both adults,"

His stiff nod and quick turn away gave you time to let out a quiet and shaky breath. Against the icy cold wooden floors, you walked to your side where you had a book set upon the oak table. Slipping into bed, the book opened up to where you last left off.

A few pages flipped, words rolling around in your mind like an endless fountain. Anything to distract you from Tom who had just exited the bathroom.

You had seen him shirtless on TV before, yes, but in real life? This was different...

Wrapping a tight rope around your eyes you locked them onto the single word you were stuck on; And. Why did you read over this word multiple times as if it was a foreign language? A word inscribed only in the deepest crooks of a temple abandoned millenniums ago.

And... And... And...

"I hope you don't mind, I'm going to bed," Tom snapped you out of thoughts, your eyes cascading over him quickly before meeting his eye.

"O-oh, yeah, I think I'll go to bed too,"

"You don't have to I can-"

"Nope, sleep is good," You slam the book shut and switch off your lamp. Curling tight against the pillow, Tom gave you one last glance before doing the same.

Heavenly sights. Snow was a wonderful thing...

It was so delicate yet... so dangerous. It's freezing temperatures, ability to trap and kill, yet, we only see it's beauty.

Many would say it's calming, you won't disagree there. But you will add on that when you're in the same bed as Thomas William Hiddleston, your long time celeb and real life crush, god was the snow a mocking force.

The way it slowly crept up the window sill with each passing hour, you couldn't help but think about the creeping... but not of snow. Tom's hands, slowly creeping up to hold you tight, flushing you against his chest.

His head in the crook of your neck as he drifted off to sleep-

No. You would have a literal heart attack if this happened.

But then you thought of it, when his fingers curled under your chin, lips softly moving with yours.

That was all fake though. All acting, deceiving, lying, for other people's enjoyment. What could you do about it? Nothing, it was his job, and it was yours too.

Couldn't you wish for something more? Hope that he felt the same spark you did?

God this was all so cliché!

This was a fanfic, a fangirl's dream.

From the 'only one bed' trope leading to this moment, to the fact that he's Tom Hiddleston!

Universe, my dear, could you be anymore cruel??

~~~

:)

- Anna ❤️