Chapter 19 - The end

A month on set and you had nothing but your role to focus on. Nights were spent with regret, hating every tabloid, paper, song, movie, show that may have slightly resembled or mentioned him.

But soon the time came, you were to head back home, your schedule complete.

What often came with hard times was sad songs and god were you drowning in them. You hated how much you wanted to make things right.

You hated how much you loved him.

How you wanted to tell him you were sorry. He could drop you, leave you for nothing and you'd continue to crawl back to him. You were in deep and there was no way out.

Lest not forget how you confessed that you truly loved him. That very regrettable moment that could beat anything else in existence.

Because I fucking love you!

They replayed over and over in your head. Swarming like hungry sharks ready to drown you.

Drowning. A lot was beginning to feel like that, overwhelming and often ending badly.

Despite moving away from the media, you relied on your friends to inform you if Tom had moved on. Dropped you like he had every right to do.

Yet, there wasn't a single word said about him or what you predicted would happen.

You had already accepted the fact you both had broken up even though it wasn't confirmed.

Actually, you expected him to have moved out by this time.

~~~

The door clicked open, your keys tossing themselves into the small wooden bowl, of course Tom's car keys were gone.

Cerb trotted in, her small nails clicking against the wood, her bark bringing a smile to overcome that frown.

"Hey, Cerb," you pet the dog, hugging her tight before bringing your things up the stairs. "He left hasn't he?" you mumble making her whine.

The bedroom was left exactly as it usually was. Unable to bring yourself to unpack you spot a photo on the nightstand.

A small polaroid. It was of you and Tom, sitting in the snow, cuddling close. Your lips pressed against his wide cheeks.

Tears fell onto the picture as Cerb cuddled under your arm. Sobs escaped your lips, eyes puffing up as you rubbed against them.

"Y/n..." Tom was by the door, standing shocked.

"T-" but before his name could be complete he took you into his arms.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have acted how I did, I love you, so much," he rambled on, burying his face in the crook of your neck and taking in your tight embrace.

That perfume you wore, it always calmed him, and he missed it. Slowly lifting to your shoulders, Tom looked you in the eyes, overwhelming you to the point of another wave of tears.

"I'm so sorry, darling," he mumbles, wiping each tear away until your cheeks were dry. "I'm so sorry,"

"Shut up," you mumble causing a look of surprise to pass his face. "Stop saying sorry, you have nothing to be sorry about..." combing back his slightly longer hair, you pressed a kiss on his lips. "I should be sorry, I reacted, I assumed, I shouldn't have, I know, and..."

"And?"

"And I'm sorry I had to tell you I loved you like that," laughing out theses words quietly, you placed another kiss on his lips. "Why didn't you leave?" you looked into his glossed eyes, immediately wiping away a tear that fell.