Chapter 12 - Skiing? Skating!

"I hate this,"

"Lighten up, Y/n, it's just skiing," Anthony nudges you a bit.

"Yes, exactly! Dangerous,"

"It's really not," Robert fixes on his goggles as Susan straps on her skis.

"Can't we just ice skate?" You plead, pointing to the frozen over lake where a few were skating.

"Later, just do this with us," Mark pats your back as Sunrise gives a supportive smile.

"You'll be fine," Chris hugs your tight before hopping on the ski lift.

"Come on, N/n," Liz grabs you by the hand and drags you over, letting the rail fit over.

"I'm going to die, I'm going to die, I'm going to die-!" You squeal as you were lifted into the air. "Can we go back? Please!"

"Lighten up!" Scarlet yells from beside Tom who gives a thumbs up.

~~~

"I hate you all," shaking the snow out of every crevice, you flip off the group who grins.

"Fine, you go and ice skate, miss I hate skiing,"

"Don't have to tell me twice," after a simple salute you dash to trade your skis for skates.

Ice skating was more your forte, having done quite a bit in your youth, you hoped you weren't too rusty.

Using skates that weren't yours definitely felt weird so without another thought you left those and dashed for your room. Thank god you had brought your old ones, no trip to the snowy mountains would be complete without skating.

The lake was split up, one side for the kids and another for adults, skilled skaters used the centre. Kicking your skates on, you tied them tight and glided off.

A laugh fell from you when you slipped and hit the ground, easily getting up after thanking a little boy for helping.

It took a while but your got there, gliding backwards, forwards, left and right, music drifting through your earphones.

80s songs were never a bad thing to skate to.

Tapping against the ice, it seemed minutes passed when in actuality so long had gone by the cast had actually ventured down to check on you.

Lip syncing to the song, you jumped on beat and glided along, wobbling slightly on one foot before regaining enough posture to carry on.

Entirety of the cast watched with bright eyes, having never watched you alone in your own world.

As you spun around in a loop, Tom let his gaze soften. To him you couldn't look anymore more angelic as the snow that fell glittered along your h/c hair.

As everyone ran off to get their own skates, Tom of course eager as the rest, you had tripped over your own foot, being caught only by a pair of gloved hands.

"Careful," Beautiful green eyes, pitch black hair and a grin to swoon any.

"Oh, sorry," with a soft smile you get up from his arms.

"You are quite skilled," he kissed your own gloved hand softly. "I admire it,"

"Ten years of skating lesson's must do some good,"

A cute laugh leaves him. "Charles,"

"Y/n,"

"Such skill, anything you can't do?"

"Hm... well, I can't find a partner to skate with," you mumble.

"Then allow me," he bows his head, taking your hand to spin you just in time for the rest to see. "Music of choice?"

"80s but, with a partner let's switch it up," you hand him your other earphone. (These are Bluetooth wireless, just to clear things up)

"Joji? Taste," He took you in arms length, pulling you in and gliding in sync with you like a flawless waltz.

Tom glowered at the sight, only to be snapped out of it when Elsa nudged him knowingly.

Spinning under his raised hand, he lifted you as the beat dropped. It seemed you both knew what to do as he held you up, foot against his thigh, him leading a glide across the ice.

Then something more upbeat started; Pump it.

You hopped off Charles and grin, "Ready for something a little faster?"

"Like I say to my boyfriend, I like it fast,"

After a snort and fit of laughter catching you two some attention, you glide across the ice, snow compiling against the slick blades. Near the end of the song after upbeat lip-syncing from his end you were given the chance to lead.

"On the stere-ere-ere-ere-o! Let those speakers blow your mind~" You skate backwards as Charles mindlessly followed your trail in a fake lovesick daze. He suddenly took your hand and shimmied in and out, letting you fall into a dip.

"Go Y/n!" You look upside down to see the group struggling to skate over.

"Hey, guys, how was skiing?"

"Doesn't matter! You were so good!" Susan clutches your hand. "How did you learn to do that?"

"Fifi's figure skating academy,"

"Woah, hold on, my boyfriend went to Fifi's!"

"Boyfriend?"

"Oh, honey, I'm about as straight as a cooked piece of spaghetti, hold on one second," Charles skated off to the side as you watched him go. The group gave grins to Tom who looked slightly embarrassed.

"Y/n mother fucking L/n?!" a blonde brown eyed man skates over hurriedly engulfing you in a tight hug.

"James?" You skate forward and stopped. "When we said goodbye what did we agree on?"

"If we were still single when we met again, we would marry each other, thank god I'm taken," He wipes a fake sweat from his forehead. "Holy shit..." James gasps and tags your forward to the group.

"Guys, meet James,"

"Aren't these the guys from the... uh... Batman thingy?"

"Marvel, James," you turn to the group, "He's hopeless with pop culture,"

"That means you got in?!" you nod pridefully. "Oh, you would not believe how much of a marvel fan she is!"

"I think we can imagine," Chris laughs.

"Oh, she was in love with all of your characters! Wouldn't shut up about uh... what's his name? Dark long hair, broody type,"

"That's enough now~" You warn James who rolls his eyes.

"Whatever his name was, by the time practice was over I had a migraine,"

Dark hair, broody? Of course she liked the Winter solider... Tom let out a tight sigh from his spot, laughing along when others did.

~~~

Like I said to my friends "I wish he'd eat me like that"

- Anna ❤️