Differences?

It had been a week since Hinata learned about Kageyama's girlfriend, Hinata grew accustomed to having her hang around. Yuna even went as far as watching them practice. However, whenever Yuna went to watch Kageyama practice, everyone else could feel the tension between Hinata and Yuna.

"Hey Yuna" Hinata said to her as soon as she walked into the gym. "Hello, Hinata." Yuna had some sort of firmness in her voice. Everyone else awkwardly watched. "Do you always wait outside the locker rooms?" She asked. "I only wait for Kageyama, so we can practice of course." He replied in return while spacing out.

"Is it just me or does Hinata seem to be testing Yuna?" Yamaguchi asked Tsukishima. Tsukishima looked at Yamaguchi and said, "I don't think so, Hinata doesn't have enough brainpower for that." Tsukishima snickered, followed by Yamaguchi laughing.

Kageyama came out of the locker room "Oi Hinata you already warmed up right?" He asked. Hinata looked up at Kageyama "No, not yet I was waiting for you slow poke." He teased Kageyama. "I'm not slow! I just got here late." Kageyama said.

He looked over at Yuna who was waiting for Kageyama to acknowledge her, "Oh, hey Yuna." He said. Yuna smiled "Hey kageyama~" She said. Hinata felt his anger grow more inside him. Tsukishima looked over at Yuna.

"But She's definitely testing Hinata. Wonder how long the shrimpy will be able to talk." Tsukishima said. "Tsukki you're just waiting for some drama aren't you?" Yamaguchi abruptly spoke.

"So what if I am? It's the most interesting thing that'll happen here" Tsukishima said, still looking at Hinata and Yuna.

"Jeez it's like there's some sort of hidden fight or bickering between them. It's scary" Asahi shivered a little. "Yeah, it's really uncomfortable too." Sugawara sighed. "It's obvious too." He continued talking. "Kageyama really is oblivious isn't he?" Daichi joined in on the conversation. "It's really worrying. This could mess up the team's proficiency." Daichi worried. "Yeah, things should be okay but it's still somewhat different." Asahi looked over at them. The atmosphere in the gym started to feel cold.

Kiyoko let out a sigh, "Kageyama is so clueless isn't he, Yachi?" She was also worried for them, both as their team manager and a friend. "Oh well, uhm I mean I guess...?" Yachi felt uncomfortable with the tension in the room. "I don't think he realizes his own feelings towards Hinata." Kiyoko started writing stats on everyone else. "Uhm, what do you mean?" Yachi said baffled by what Kiyoko meant. "Well it's not hard to see how differently Kageyama treats Hinata compared to how he treats Yuna." Kiyoko stated.

"Oh! You mean how he talks and all that right?" Yachi started to understand more. "I'm also pretty sure that Kageyama is the only one who doesn't realize the amount of tension there is." Kiyoko added. "It's almost as if... he needs someone to help him realize it, right?" Yachi unknowingly suggested.

"Yes! That's exactly what he needs. I don't think I'd be the best person for him to talk to though. Maybe someone else he trusts." Kiyoko's gaze moved to Sugawara. "I think I know just the right person."

[After Practice]

Sugawara looked at Kageyama. It's time he thought. "Kageyama! Can I talk to you for a bit?" Kageyama looked at Sugawara. "Ummm sure?" Kageyama looked at him confused, he walked over to Sugawara. "Kageyama, I'm going to be straightforward with you okay?" Sugawara's voice let Kageyama know he was serious. Kageyama nodded. "Do you really like Yuna?" Sugawara asked.

Kageyama thought about it for a little then said, "I mean, she is my girlfriend so—" Kageyama fixed his eyes on Sugawara, Sugawara chuckled. "You really are clueless aren't you?" He commented. Kageyama tilted his head "Clueless?" He muttered. What does he mean by clueless? Kageyama thought. "Yeah, she might be your girlfriend, but that doesn't mean you like her." Sugawara stared at the clueless boy. "Of course I like her, she's a nice person." Kageyama responded with.

"But, do you like her?" Sugawara questioned him more. "Do you enjoy being in a relationship with Yuna? Isn't there someone else you'd rather be with?" Sugawara waited for a response.

"I don't understand what you mean by that." Kageyama looked even more lost. "Oh my god- you really are that clueless. Okay, think about this; when you think of Yuna, do you see yourself being with her your whole life?" This made Kageyama question more. "Not really." He blurted out. "Okay, now let's say Hinata. When you think of Hinata, do you see yourself spending your life with him?"

Kageyama tensed up "Hinata? But why him?" he blushed. Kageyama thought about it. He smiled at the thought of even being with Hinata. "Think of how you react around him versus how you react around Yuna." Sugawara kept talking. "Well, I'd rather eat lunch with him. And walk home with him- maybe hold hands with him too or hang out a lot more." Kageyama didn't realize what he just said.

"Woah woah, go back a little to what you just said." Sugawara was left shocked hearing that from Kageyama. "That I'd rather eat lunch with him or-?" He looked confused again. "No, you said you'd rather hold hands with him. Would you spend the whole day with him too if you could?" Sugawara asked him.

"Well yeah. I guess I would." Kageyama still didn't realize it. "Kageyama, would you spend the whole day with Yuna?" Sugawara asked to see if he would finally understand. "No." Kageyama said without even thinking about it.

Sugawara sighed, "Kageyama, do you want to know why I'm asking you all these questions?" Kageyama's attention was fully on Sugawara now.

"Sure I guess." Kageyama was so confused.