FIVE

"wake up!"

i whisper, roughly shaking ethan's body from side to side. still nothing. i start to ram my fists into his chest and luckily he wakes up to this, letting his hand fly up to his face in defence of the harsh sunlight.

i helplessly smile while surveying his face and feeling very blessed. ethan hasn't shaved recently so there's a little line of scruff decorating his draw which i rub with my hands while gazing at him.

he chuckles and gets up, stretching and turning around to me.

"wanna have a shower?"

i sit up in bed, nodding and playing with the comforter. in just seconds he swoops over me and picks me up, taking me into the bathroom. after around a half hour we're completely finished in that department.

"want me to blow dry your hair?"

he asks me since it's still damp but i shake my head, giving him my hair tie. he puts my hair up in a bun and i feel like i look like a rat since it's still quite wet but frankly i'm too tired to care.

we make our way downstairs together where grayson is already in the kitchen.

"i'm making avocado toast."

he spins around to us when we come in and he has a wide grin spread across his face.

"thank you grayson."

i sit down on one of the chairs and watch as ethan goes over to help his brother. out of boredom i start to fiddle with the gold bracelet on my wrist. ethan got it for me on my birthday. it's simple and plain, just a gold chain bracelet with a heart midway but i really love it and only take it off when i'm showering.

"rose do you want a smoothie?"

grayson asks and i tell him i don't. ethan comes over and gives me my plate which i thank him for and then start to eat. they join me at the table, and we all talk amongst ourselves.

"so, what are your plans today?"

grayson asks ethan.

"we could just watch a movie or something. i don't really have anything planned."

"what movie?"

grayon asks him again and i butt in, starting to feel left out of the conversation.

"i wanna choose it!"

ethan nods and looks over to grayson.

"she'll probably put on some more disney bullshit."

my jaw drops and i lean forward, hitting him on his arm.

"hey!"

i exclaim, crossing my arms and sitting back.

"that was a little uncalled for ethan. no commentary was necessary."

grayson warns.

ethan just rolls his eyes, getting up and throwing away his food even though his plate was only half empty which is unlikely. he storms off and grayson and i are left alone. we eat our food in awkward silence and ethan still isn't back once i've helped him wash up.

"come with me. i'll watch it with you."

i smile, following grayson into the living room. he puts on the tv for me and scrolls through disney + until i stop him.

"i wanna watch snow white."

he sighs, going over to the search bar and just as he starts typing in the movie ethan comes in.