TEN

2 weeks later

part 1

i'm sat on ethan's lap, facing him while his hands trace all over my body, delicately caressing my thighs, hips, waist and shoulders as we talk. the conversation drifts from one topic to another until something pops into my head.

"daddy..."

"what do you want, rose?"

"how do you know i want something?"

"i know you too well."

i giggle and cover my face, nervous to even ask him.

"do you love me?"

"of course i do."

"you love me so much that you never want to hurt my feelinfgs?"

"never."

his face goes all serious and i frown.

"never ever?"

"never ever."

i grin.

"then can i get a kitten?"

ethan's face drops now and he shuffles around making me scoot off of his lap and sit cross legged on his bed, opposite from him as he's sat up instead.

"excuse me?"

"you heard me."

"tone."

i roll my eyes, already unhappy with where this seems to be going.

"why do you want one?"

"because they're cute."

"you hate looking after things. you hate responsibility which is why you rely on me so much. so why would you voluntarily take care of an animal if you-"

i let out an exaggerated sigh, wishing ethan didn't know me so well.

"ethan do you want kids?"

i interrupt and his eyes widen.

"of course."

i finally relax my body, feeling all the tension seep out of me and relief filling the empty space. it's been something i've been wondering for a while now but i didn't know how he would feel and we're still very young – me in particular – but i still needed to know.

"ok good. me too."

"you'd be an amazing mom."

i blush and hide my face again. he pulls my hands away.

"stop hiding yourself from me."

"so you want a kitten to practice taking care of something?"

"a living thing specifically."

he nods slowly.

"that's reasonable, i understand. you wanna go to a rescue shelter today then?"

my jaw drops and i jump up, feeling overwhelmingly happy. ethan watches me with a big smile and i grab his hand, pulling him to the closet.

"you, change. i will too. downstairs in 5 minutes, be there."

i ramble and rush out of the room, brainstorming an outfit. it's hot outside and i love dressing up in summer because it feels like there's better outfit opportunities but i don't want to overdress. i also need to make a good impression on the kitten.

taking all of this into consideration, i quickly scan through my closet. my eyes land on a white lacey tank top and a light-wash denim skirt. after changing into that i put on a necklace and use my deodorant before grabbing my hair brush in one hand and a pair of converse in the other. luckily ethan isn't downstairs when i get there since for once i'm quicker than him so i brush my hair as i try to slide into my shoes.