♡ What Is Love? ♡

Shawn's POV:

"Dear diary,
What is love?
Love, was just an empty word to me,  meaningless. I was just writing about it. I never believed in it, well I never experienced it. Every story that I've been told, every feeling was involved has never meant something to me. Maybe I was too young to know what is love but I was desperate to know what does it feel like. The more relationships I went through, the more I realized that, there's no love for me. But deep down I knew, I knew that someday someone will flip my whole world upside down... And I was right.
Everything has started when I met her..."

(Flashback)

"Hey " a voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "You alright?" I looked up only to see the most gorgeous eyes I've ever seen. "Y-yeah.. just.. nevermind" I answered the stranger. "Tough day?" She asked again taking a seat next to me. "I guess so" I replied. "It'll pass before you know it" she said giving me a warm smile. "Thanks.. stranger " I chuckled and I got the most beautiful laugh as an answer. "I know.. you must think I'm creepy." She laughed. "No.. I guess you're just being nice" I shrugged. "I try to be " she nodded. "Orr you just seem to be seriously in need for help" she added sarcastically. "Ouch" I replied acting like I was hurt.

"No really I just got in town. And I'm not lying when I say I don't know anyone here..except you of course. I just needed some company" she explained. " oh really? So it'll be my pleasure to be your guide and show you around the city" I replied. "That sounds fun, sad boy " she said. " my name is Shawn by the way" I chuckled. "Y/n." She said handing me her hand..

(End of flashback)

"And that's when it all started. I never thought one meeting could change my whole perspective of life. She showed me what it feels to be in love, to be able to do anything for the person you love.

She taught me how to be happy. She was my source of happiness, love and.. everything.

I still remember to this day, the first time I said "I love you" and when I really meant it for once. I couldn't wait until I hear her say those 3 words back to make me the happiest man since then."

(Flashback)

"Shawn? Oh my God!" She screamed while jumping into my arms. "You didn't tell me you're coming back today" she said with the biggest smile on her face. "I wanted to keep it a surprise" I replied "come in" she said letting me in her house.

"I missed you so much" She said as we sat down on her couch. "You have no idea how much I miss you too" I replied.

"So.." I cleared my throat. "I need to tell you something" I finally said. "Sure what is it" she said. "Well.. I... d-do you remember 2 years ago when I performed on stage very badly and I got a whole bunch of hate?" I said and she frowned her eyebrows as she didn't expect what I'm saying. "I already told you Shawn, you were perfect. You should stop bringing this up" she said. "Do you remember helping me and making me happy again?" I asked again. "Of course. Shawn, what are you trying to say" she said looking for am answer.
"Well it was since then I knew..." I paused. "That I was in love with you" I looked down and then up scared to meet her eyes. "You what?" She asked. "I am in love with you" I said again. "I..well... I don't know what to say" she replied trying to figure out what just happened. "Y/n, it took me everything to finally tell you this. Please just say something" I said taking her hands in mine. "I always thought that you wanted us to be just friends?" She said. "Turns out I want more" I replied.

"Okay y/n. I get it. You just don't.. feel the same way. Do you? It's fine I just-" I said and she cut me off by placing her lips on mine. I never felt like that before. That kiss was she different, full of passion and.. Love. It was a new feeling... a beautiful feeling.
"I..I love you too" she finally confessed.

(End of the flashback)

"And since that day, we never drifted apart. She was always there for me. She stayed through everything. She never gave up on me. She was the one. I married her. And we had a baby girl named skylar.

Dear diary, I just wanted to say that I finally got my answer. Love is not just a meaningless word. It's more than just a word, than a feeling, than a story. Love is a magic which either makes you happy for the rest of your live or leaves you hurt for a whole eternity."

"Hey daddy, you're still writing on that book?" Skylar asked as she got in my bedroom. "Yes darling. " I smiled placing my pen down and closing my diary. "When will you let me read it" she chuckled. "You will, eventually" I said.

" Come on, we're waiting for you to have dinner" she said dragging me out of my desk.
At that moment I knew, my life was complete.

Please leave your feedback