♡ Grandpa ♡

Shawn's POV:
"Alright have fun! Call me if anything happens" my daughter said grabbing her coat. "Don't worry. We'll be fine" i reassured her. "Goodbye baby" she said placing a kiss on avery's forehead, my granddaughter.
"Be a good girl okay?" She said. "I will, mommy. Love you" she replied waving back at her. She said one last goodbye and then closed the door behind her.

"Well it looks like it's just the both of us now" i smiled at my littlest girl.

"Yeah. I love spending time with you grandpa" she replied.

"Well guess what ? Me too" i said picking her nose.

"So what do you wanna do? Draw? Play with your toys? Even cook maybe..?" I suggested. "Or on second thoughts let's forget about the cooking thing. I'm terrible at it" i whispered earning a laugh for my grand daughter.

"Can i tell a secret?" She asked. "Of course" i said. "Neither does my mom" she laughed again making me join her. "Well it looks like it's the only thing she got it from me" i replied. "The rest she got it all from your grandma" i added.

"Yeah i noticed that they look so much alike in the photos" she said. "Yes they do" i sighed at the thought of her. "Grandpa are you lonely? Do you miss her sometimes?" She asked and i could hear a hint of worry in her voice. "Of course i do...all the time. But it's okay. i know she's in a better place. Plus everytime i look at you and your mommy i feel like she's still around. You guys are the only thing that's making me hold on" i replied looking at her wide blue eyes the same as y/n.

"It's okay grandpa. We've got you" she said placing her little hand on mine.
"I know sweetheart." I smiled at her.

"Can you tell me more about her? What was she like? How did you meet?" She asked.

"Okay slow down darling " i chuckled. "We met through high school" i started. "Best time of my life" i sighed. "She's been always there from the beginning. From the first time that i picked up a guitar 'till the last show I've ever played" i smiled to the memory...

(Flashback)
"And it's done!" Y/n said as she clicked one last time on the computer. "I can't believe that i agreed on this" i replied feeling so nervous. "Hey you shouldn't be nervous sharing your talent with the world " she looked at me. "It's just..what if the kids at the school found out about the video. They'll just make fun of me" i explained. "They won't. And you'll keep up with uploading those covers." She said. "I don't promise you that" i replied. "Yes you will because i believe in you. And i also believe that you'll be a big star one day that people around the world look up to. I believe that someone who has your talent needs to have the recognition he deserves" she added looking right through my eyes. "I love you, you know that?" I smiled at her. "I know. I love you too and i will always do" she smiled back.
(End of flashback)

"She seems like she was really kind and sweet" avery said with a warm smile on her face. "Yes indeed she was." I replied. "It's sad that i didn't get the chance to even know her" she said. "It's okay. Just know that she loves you dearly. The day you were born, she couldn't leave your side. She cherished you. She even loved you more than any of us. It's okay if you don't remember her just hold on to that love she gave you to carry within you" i said looking down on her.

"I will." She smiled. "But you should promise me that you will too. So that way you wouldn't miss her as much." She added. "I will always carry her with me. How could i ever let go of a love that lasts forever ?" I said.

"I love you, grandpa " she said after a moment of silence. "I love you way more kiddo" i smiled and she just placed her head against my chest as i put on my documentary that I've made ages ago to watch and learn more about y/n and I's journey.

Please leave a comment telling me what you think about it♡