♡You're still the one♡

Y/n's POV:
"Can you sing for us an unreleased song" i read out loud as I was doing an Instagram livestream. "Well it's called unreleased for a reason" I chuckled.
"Okay so.. i wrote this song a couple of days ago. I haven't finished it yet though and I don't think it's gonna take part of my upcoming album. So yeah I could play that for you!" I shrugged while talking to the screen. I grabbed my guitar and started playing the melody.

"Your hair's grown a little longer
Your arms look a little stronger
Your eyes just as I remember
Your smile's just a little softer

And I, and I never prepared for a moment like that
Yeah, in a second it came all back, it all came back

'Cause after all these years
I still feel everything when you are near
And it was just a quick hello
And you had to go
And you probably will never know
You're still the one I'm after all these years" I softly sang.

"And there you have it" i said placing my guitar to the side. The comments were going crazy. They were all saying nice things but what caught my attention is that so many people assumed it was about shawn...my ex boyfriend who has to be also a singer like me.

"Alright guys it's time for me to go. Thanks for watching. Love you!" I said before turning off the livestream.

Soon my social medias were all tagged on the song that I just put out saying it was about shawn.

"What did I get myself into" i sighed.
I hope he won't see it. I thought to myself. But no they already made a theory out of it since our little interaction in an award show after our break up.

《Flash-back 》

"And the awards go to... Shawn Mendes" I announced to the audience as I was hosting the show. I was pretty sure my heart skipped a beat when I read his name. He made his way towards the stage while everyone was cheering for him. I was taken by surprise when he gave me a little hug before I handed him his award. I gave him a smile earning it back from him as well.

Shawn and I didn't break up because one of us cheated or we fell out of love. We broke up because at the time we were so focused on our careers that it made it impossible to focus on our relationship. We did what we thought was right and broke up. That's why it wasn't too awkward. We agreed on staying friends.

But it's been so long since I've last seen him. It was that little interaction we had that made the fans go crazy.
We weren't so open about our relationship so we chose to just ignored it. And by singing that song now I think I put fuel to the fire again.

"This was a mistake " I palmed my face seeing all the articles that has been already posted. I mean what did I expect?For them to just take the song as it is without digging into it?What an idiot.

Few days later I was invited to a friend's birthday party which happens to be a mutual friend between me and shawn. I wasn't sure if he's gonna be there but I wish he wouldn't because.. if he heard the song it would definitely make me feel awkward and embarrassed.

The party went pretty well at first as there was no sign that shawn was there until.. he showed up. Ugh he looked ridiculously handsome approaching towards us.

Time went by and I started developing a headache so I went to a more quiet place to relax a bit.
"Hey" a voice said I looked around only to see shawn. At that moment I wished I could disappear. "Hey" I replied back. "You okay?" He asked. "Yeah my head hurts a bit" I chuckled. "You still hate parties don't you" he laughed. "I guess so" I smiled as he remembered that detail. "So what are you up to" he asked taking a seat beside me. We talked for a bit and it was really nice catching up with what's going on in each other's life.
"It's nice to see you again, y/n" shawn said after a moment of silence. "I've missed having you around, you know" he added. "I missed having you around as well" I replied. "I-is it true" he asked. "What?" I chuckled. "The song..." he said looking down. "Oh" I said. Here we go.

"What if it is " i said feeling my cheeks heat up.

"What if you're still the one I'm after all these years" I add with a tear threatening to roll down. "Would that change anything " I said wiping it away.

"Of course it would " he said turning his head towards me. "We could t-try again" he said.

"Y/n..." he said taking my hands in his. "I've never stopped thinking about you since we've parted away" his voice cracked. "Neither did I" i said. "Then why waste all this time when it could be just you and me forever." He said cupping my cheek. "Because we're both idiots" i said earning a chuckle from him.

"I missed you. I missed us" he said.

"So y/n y/l/n would please give us another shot and go on a date with me tomorrow " he asked with a smirk on his face. "I would like that very much, shawn Peter Raul Mendes" i giggled.

He gently pulled me into a passionate kiss. A kiss that made me forget all of the countless nights thinking about him and the constant void when he left.
"And I've definitely missed this" he said after pulling away from the kiss.
"I love you" I said. "I love you more, baby"

Well maybe putting that song out wasn't a bad idea after all...