There's No Escape

Max POV:

I woke up to a bad headache and blinding white light as I tried to open my eyes. My eyes finally got used to the bright light after blinking a few times. As I slowly turned my head to the right I saw a big metal door with a lil window in it. The room I was in was very small and all the walls were withe. There was nothing but a bed that I was laying in and a nightstand in the room. Oh god, how did I get here? I tried to stand up but failed bc something was holding me back. The reason for that are tight leather cuffs that strapped my wrists to the bed. I groaned out in frustration. Suddenly the door opened and revealed an old men. I recognized him somehow... Wait, that's the strange guy who took me!

"Who the hell are you and what do you want from me huh? Whats your problem?" I shouted at him with anger. He just answered with a small chuckle which made me even more furious.
"Hey answer me!" Is spat at him.
His facial expression now also changed to anger. He reached out for my face and took my chin in his hand harshly making me wince in pain.
"You're not in the position to ask any questions young lady. I'll have to teach you some respect" he said while tightening his grip on my face. He let go of my face and stood back up.
"You are here because I know that you are a friend of my daughter... 11. This whole situation here can be either very easy or painful for you. It depends on your behavior. We are going to play a little game. I'll ask some questions and you'll answer them. If not, it might get a bit painful for you. And if you don't behave I'll have to punish you just like I did with 11. I'll give you powers that no one else has and then I'll experiment on you. That will be so much fun. But like I said... If you're a brave girl I won't harm you. " Brenner said with a satisfied grin.

" You're sick. I won't tell you anything about El. She's my best friend. I'll protect her at any costs. I don't want to play your stupid game. I don't want some special power. I just want to be normal. Let me go, you psychopath!" I cried out.

"Well we'll see. There's no escape number 13"

"My name is Max" I grumbled

"Goodnight 13. We will start tomorrow morning" Brenner said while leaving the room, locking the door behind him.

In the hallways of Hawkins Lab there were screams heard. Max's screams

El POV:

I woke up in a white room. I quickly came to realize that I was in my old room in the lab. The door was slightly opened so I slipped through it into the hallway. There were guards walking around but they didn't seemed to notice me. Like I was invisible. I decided to follow the guards. They talked about a new test object with the number 13.
Soon they stopped by a metal door with a little window in it and opened it. When I saw who was in the room I gasped. It was Max. She looked like she's benn crying for hours. When she saw the two guards who were coming near her she tried to back away but the leather cuffs stopped her from doing so.

"Don't be scared, we are just taking you somewhere else." one of the guards said while freeing her frome the bed.
The second Max got free she started trashing around, fighting against the two of them. She nearly made it to the door where El still stood in shock but suddenly Max fell to the ground uncouncious revealing one of the guards with a needle in his hand that he pulled out of the redheads neck. Both man grabbed Max and transferred her into a room that El knew all so well. The room where she's been experimented on for years.
One of the man's sat the still uncouncious Max on a chair like the ones a dentist would have and the other man tied her onto it. Then he came in the room. The man El feared the most. The man she believed was dead. Dr. Martin Brenner- her dad. He prepared some needles and syringes while Max's councious came slowly back to her. Fear was written in her face when she saw all that stuff on the tables. God I wish I could help her right now. I've never seen her so terrified.

"Let me go, asshole" Max said in a hushed voice. Still weak from the liquid in the syringe earlier.

"Uhhh let me think about that... My answer is no and if you disrespect me one more time you know what is going to happen. Let's start our little game now. Remember? I'll ask you something about my daughter and if you answer, you will get out without any marks on you. But if you lie to me or don't answer, I'll give you this " he said, pointing to a syringe with a clear liquid in it.

" I said I don't want to play a game or have some strange powers" Max answers with anger in her voice now. What wait what Powers? How is that possible? He can't just give her powers like I have, right? That's impossible!

"There it was again. Disrespect. I told you to treat me with respect 13!" papa screamed at her. He took a swing and hit her right in the face causing her nose to blead. She was shivering now.

"Let's start our game with an easy question... Where is 11?"

"I don't know where she is now. In case you didn't noticed, I just got kidnapped." she responded sassily.

Brenner took another hit but this time into her stomach, knocking the wind out of her.
"Don't play dumb you know where she is. Tell me 13!"

"Shit that really hurt! I don't f*cking know where El is. She could be elsewhere in Hawkins. Safe from you. You're a teribble father. You know what, you're a monster. Now I know why El hates you so much. And in case you don't remember: I have a name. It's Max"

"That's enough, don't you dare to talk to me like this, 13. Or else I will inject you that liquid." he held up the syringe with the clear liquid.

"Okay then do so. I would rather get some stupid powers than to betray my best friend. You will never get her again. You can experiment on me, ok? But let El out of it. She's been through enough because of you." Max said with tears in her eyes.

No that can't be happening. I don't want her to go through all that torture in that teribble place.

I see Brenner injecting the syringe with the strange liquid in Max's system.

" El, El. Come on wake up El" I hear someone shout.
I shot up from my bed, covered in sweat. Two arms wrap around be, trying to comfort me.
"El what the hell happened?" asked the voice again. It was Mike.

"I had a nightmare. It was about Max. Brenner gave her powers because she didn't want to tell him about my whereabouts. It's all my fault. She is being tortured in that hell hole just because of me!" I cried out hysterically.

"No El it's not your fault. We are going to get Max out of there. I promise. It's all gonna be ok soon."Mike said while rocking me back and forth softly.
Oh shit I hope he's right about that. I wouldn't forgive myself if something bad would happen to Max because of me.

_______________________________________
Here's chapter five. I'm sorry that it took me so long to update. I had kind of a stressful time but yeah... Happy new year to ya'll. Stay safe:)
Word count: 1352 words