The Lake

Max POV:

I needed to stay in the hospital for a week and I got home to Billy just yesterday. I decided that I should stay with him at home for a while which he was genuinely happy about because he wasn't alone anymore. It's great that Billy and I get along now, I never thought that this would actually happen to be honest. It's the last day of Sommer holidays so the party will meet at the lake today. Since I am a ginger I had to put tons of sunscreen on my skin. Otherwise I would get totally sunburned. After packing my bag and eating breakfast with Billy, I finally made my way to the lake with my skateboard. When I arrived at the lake the only person to see was Lucas. Great! Why in all persons is he here already. I put down my stuff and sat down on my skateboard, playing with my shoelaces, trying to avoid Lucas' presence. But he was coming over and sat in the grass across from me awkwardly.

"Max?" he said carefully
I decided to ignore him, what he said in our argument wasn't anything I'm going to forget anytime soon.

"Max come on." he said as he attempted to grab my hand. But I snatched my hand away and glared at him.

"What do you want, Lucas?" I asked him, anger in my voice.

"I want to apologize. I know that I said some things that hurt you. I shouldn't have done this. I'm sorry, Max." he said as I looked at him, not believing him.

"Look Lucas, you can't fix everything by saying that you are sorry. That doesn't change the fact that you hurt me. You knew exactly what you were saying and used my childhood trauma against me. You knew damn well that this would hurt me and you still decided to be a dick. " I said, my eyes watering up while talking.

"I-I don't know what to say-"

"Then just leave it, Lucas. You've said enough. Maybe I'll consider to forgive you in a while, but I can't do that yet. I need you to understand that and give me the space that I need."

"Okay, I can work with that."

We remained in silence until the others finally arrived. The boys took off their shirts and ran into the water. El and I took our clothes off to, only wearing a bikini. I felt a bit uncomfortable because my body was covered in cuts and bruises that no one but El knew, but she gave me a resuring smile and held her hand out for me to grab. I took her hand and we walked into the water. El hesitated to go deep into it because sho only learned how to sein last summer. I understood her, so I stayed at her side to make her feel more conformable. We played around in the water cheat fully until the sun went down. Everyone but me and El went home already. We were laying on a blanket and watched the sunset, I actually felt like I was home somehow, here with the girl that I love. There we laid, with intervined fingers, watching the sky as the stars came out. It got pretty late, so we packed our things and went back home. I escorted her to Hops cabin and then made my way back to Billy. On my way home I got lost in thoughts. I am so hoppay that I have El, I don't know what I would do without her. She helped me through everything that happened. She even went back to the freaking lab to get me. I never believed in love. At least not since my parents divorce. I feared to fall in love, but now I feel just great. El gives me a feeling I never knew I had and I love that. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't see that something appeared in front of me on the road and tripped off of my board, falling to the ground. I slowly got up from the ground, cleaning myself from the dirt. My knee was beading a bit but besides that I am fine. I looked behind me because I could swear that someone was standing on the road, that was the reason I fell. But I didn't see anything. Maybe I was just wrong and nothing was there. Maybe I just thought that I saw something because of my medication that I had because of my face. Brushing the thought off my mind, I continued my way. I could already see our house when I saw something moving in the forest next to the street. I chose to ignore it and went inside, flipping off my shoes. I went into the kitchen where Billy already waited with dinner.

"Hey Max what happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"You are bleeding" he said as he pointed to my knee. "Come on I'll clean it for you"

When he finished cleaning my wound we finally ate dinner, I was so hungry from swimming all day. Tomorrow will be so stressful, it's the first day of school. I'm indeed a bit scared that I might hurt someone when I get angry, but it will be okay as long as I have El.

_______________________________________
That's it, the end of this book. I might wirtite a sequel soon, so let me know if you want it. I hope you all liked this book. I am grateful for every read on it, I couldn't imagine that someone would like to read something that I wrote with my crappy head, so thank you. Love ya'll

Word count is 957