Neil

Max POV:

I sat on my bed in silence while listening to some music on a Saturday morning . Suddenly I got interrupted by my supercom that stood on my nightstand.

"Max, do you copy, over?" I heard a familiar voice ask.
"Yeah Lucas what's up, over" I asked back.
"We're having a sleepover at Mike's today. Do you wanna come? I guess it would be a good idea, over " he said in an excited tone.
"Okay why not. I've got nothing else to do so that's great. I'll be at Mike's at 6pm. See ya there, over and out."

In fact I'm really excited to see everyone again. I've been feeling very down lately because all the things that happened last month. I haven't been at school the past few weeks but holidays started now anyways. Images of the night at the mall flashed back trough my mind, I couldn't stop thinking about it. The moment the Mindflayer smashed its tentacle into my brother's chest still hurt me like hell. I didn't even notice the tears that were running down my cheek as I still sat on my bed, not able to move. All the memories let a shiver go down my spine. I sat still for a few minutes, trying to calm myself down before I would end up having a panic attack again. When I finally broke out of my daze, I started to pack my backpack for the sleepover tonight to distract me. I have to distract myself from all the bad things that just happened or else I will loose my mind. When we moved to Hawkins, I thought that things would get better somehow. I guess I was wrong, things went downhill since we moved. Billy's got even more angry, Neil turned out to be abusive and my mother won't let me call my dad back in California. And now Billy is dead.

I took an refreshing shower and went into the kitchen to grab a snack. When I got into the kitchen I noticed that my mom wasn't home from work yet. But I saw Neil standing at the kitchen counter with a beer in his hand. I could smell the alcohol in his breath. Ever since the day Billy died, he gets drunk everyday. I mean he was an alcoholic before but now it's worse. It's kinda like he lost control. I don't get why he acts like that. He didn't love his son so why would he care now?
Out of nowhere he yanked forward in my direction and longed out for me but I quickly got out of the way. Shit, I think that made him even more angry. His face turns into a bright red like he's the devil in person. I don't even know why he's angry right now. I didn't do anything wrong but he doesn't need a reason to be angry. He's just Neil. This shit happens so often that I'm already used to it at that point. When he threw his second fist at me, I couldn't get out of the way like the first time. His fist landed right on my cheek leaving a burning red mark behind. He then threw his beer bottle at me, smashing it on my head causing me to sink to the floor. But he wasn't finished yet. He grabbed my wrists with his strong hands and pulled me up to his level.
"You little brat! Do you really think you can just come into the kitchen whenever you want to grab a snack? You better ask the next time or else-" he threw me against the wall causing my had to throb. "Next time I catch you sneaking in the kitchen I swear to God I will make u regret to be born" After I slid to the ground I slowly lost counciousness while Neil just walked away like nothing had happened. Why the hell is he like this?

When I finally managed to get up, I walked into the bathroom with wobbly knees and cleaned myself up again. I slowly pulled the glass shards out of my head and desinfected the wounds. I examined the bloody glass shards that were spread on the edge of the sink. I reached out for the biggest one and put it in a little box. Before I went back into my room to grab my stuff I checked myself one last time in the mirror. I covered the bruise on my cheek and the fingerprints on my wrists with some make up, hoping nobody would notice. I walked into my room and put the little box in my drawer and then grabbed my backpack and my skateboard, slipped into my red vans and made my way to the Wheelers household.

---------------------------------------------------------
Sooooo this is my first book ever so don't be too hard with me. I'm not even a native english speaker so I'm sorry if there's bad grammar or spelling. Let me know, if you like the story so far.
Thanks for reading this btw
And I'm sorry that this chapter is so short. I'm trying to write longer chapters by the time.
Word count: 864