I Promise

El POV:

It didn't take long for us to realize that Max would need to get to a hospital as fast as possible. The wound was a really deep cut with dirt in it, hopefully the wound won't get infected. It was already 10:45pm when we arrived at the hospital and Max who still didn't wake up got rushed to surgery immediately. We all sat in the waiting room for a good hour and still didn't get any news about Max's condition which made me really nervous. What if something went wrong?
The boys were talking about what just happened in the forest.

"But did you also see that giant fire ball that Max created? I still can't believe that that actually happened. It's like in some amazing comic!" Dustin said excited.

"Yea but that thing still hurt her pretty bad" Will said, his head low.

"Hopefully this will have a happy ending" Mike chimed in.

The conversation died down when a man in a white smock approached us.

"Hey you're here for Maxine Mayfield, is that right?" he asked us.

"Yes that's us. How is she?" Hop asked.
"Can we see her?" I interrupted.

"She is still weak, but her condition is stable. If you want to, you can visit her in room 113, but she's still asleep. And please only one person at a time." the doctor said politely.

Without thinking twice I ran towards her room and closed the door behind me. When I steeped in the bright room, I was greeted by the steady beeping sound of the machines that were connected to her wrists. There she was, placed in a hospital bed. She looked so small in that big bed. Her skin was nearly as white as the bedsheets but her fiery red hair framed her face just perfectly. The doctors sewed the shlash, it will probably remain as a scar. I made myself comfortable in the chair next to her bed and placed her hand in mine. I remained in that position for a few minutes, zoning out, away from the hospital room to a few nights ago, in my bed.

"Stop!" I managed to say in between laughter. But Max wouldn't stop tickling me, she laughed cheerfully as she sat above me, her face lit up by the moon. I tried to push her off of me but I had to laugh the whole time, so I wasn't able to do so. After what felt like an eternity, she finally stopped and just looked in my eyes. Her ocean blue eyes were shining and she looked like she finally found some kind of peace. Her face came closer to mine, not breaking our intense eye contact until our lips met passionately. The kiss lasted for alomst a minute til our air was out.
As our lips broke apart, I zoned back to reality, realizing that the steady heart beat that I heard earlier was now getting faster and faster by every second that passed.

I started to panic, not nowing what to do. Sweat stained the redheads face and she grew more and more pale as her heart beat got even more faster.
Before I knew what was happening or what I was supposed to do, she gasped awake, breathing in shakingly. When she saw her surroundings she started to hyperventilate and her eyes started to fill with water. She ripped the wire that connected her with the machine off of her wrists and attempteded to get out of the hospital bed only to fall to the ground. Before she hit the hard ground I catched her and kneeled down to her level as she sunk down in my arms, crying.

"Please don't-" the redhead started
"P- Please don't hurt me" she sobbed, still hyperventilating.

"Hey Max, it's alright! I am here with you, you're out of danger." I tried to calm her. It seemed to work. Her breathing slowed down as she turned her head towards me. She looked in my dark brown eyes and eventually she started smiling. Oh God how I love that gorgeous smile. I pulled her closer to me and we remained in that position on the ground for a while. A  few minutes passed and I decided to ask her why she freaked out like that after I helped her to get on the bed again.

"So uhm, what was happening? Why did you just had a panic attack Max?" I asked her while playing with a loose string of her hair.

"I thought I was back... I think you know what I'm talking about. I just got flashbacks. This room reminds me of that place so bad that I just freaked out, I couldn't breathe. It was like the air wouldn't reach my lungs. But the moment I saw you I was finally able to breathe again. " she said as she leaned her head on my shoulder, sighing loudly.

"Well I'm glad that I could help you. I can't promise you that those memories will ever leave because they won't. But I promise you that I'll always be at your side when you need me." I told her. And I was completely honest, I would never leave her alone. She looked at me with her beautiful eyes. Even though she had a giant wound across her face, she still looked gorgeous to me. I carefully cupped her ckeeks and pressed my lips softly against hers.

"Thank you. For Everything" she whispered into my ear before she laid back and closed her eyes again. I think that she should rest, but I didn't want ther to be alone when she wakes up so I stayed on the chair next to her bed and got lost in my thoughts once again.

_______________________________________
Oh my God I had to write this chapter twice because it didn't save the first time. *Anger issues joined the chat*
But yeah I think I've got everything together again. I hope you're all okay!
Let me know, if you liked this chapter.
Word count is 1013