Fanny

It had been a week now, I had ignored all the calls and texts from Karen.
"Here we go?"
"Yes, I'm very hungry, where are we going?"
I was out with Andrew but my mind was from Karen.
We decided to go to a small restaurant, I wasn't really hungry, my stomach was closed by that damn fight with Karen but I decided not to think about it, at least for today, I wanted to enjoy the afternoon with my boyfriend.
"I'll have a mint milkshake."
My head was in the clouds and I wasn't paying attention to what was happening around me.
Andrew stared at me as if waiting for an answer from me.
"Um .. Me too."
I had no idea what I had just taken but I didn't care at the moment.
"I see you strange ..."
I looked around and started nervously scratching my arm.
"No, it's okay."
"If you say so."
Our milkshakes arrived and I only realized afterwards that they were mint, ah wow, what a beautiful color.
Andrew was looking at me strangely, he probably understood that something was wrong, I had absolutely no intention of telling him that I had betrayed him.
I had only taken three sips of that milkshake and I was already fed up.
"Would you like to come to me later?"
"Um ... Okay."
I was not well, it was evident and he understood it too.
He finished the milkshake quickly, paid and we went to him.
The street was full of couples holding hands, couples embracing, and then there was us, who seemed almost strangers.
When I got to him I quickly climbed the stairs and threw myself on the sofa exhausted.
I felt safe in that small room, there was a huge television that Andrew turned on.
We picked a TV series to watch, Andrew pulled out a couple of throws to put on and some popcorn.
For a moment I didn't think about Karen, just for a moment, then my thoughts returned to her.
Andrew was next to me and was crunching popcorn noisily, I had eaten one or two at most, my stomach was still closed for well… Karen.
At one point Andrew turned to me.
He looked me straight in the eye and his lips brushed mine.
I pushed him towards me and attacked my lips to his, I began to devour his lips and in a moment I was under him.
He began to kiss me passionately and then put his hands on my shirt which he tried to take off.
I froze.
I could not.
"Andrew no."
He looked at me pleadingly
"Fanny, we've been together for four years, please."
"No Andrew, I don't feel like it."
I got up suddenly and ran home.
I quickly went down the stairs and started running bumping into a couple of people, I absolutely had to see Karen and clarify, I needed her.
The road seemed so damn long.
I turned when I felt a hand touch my shoulder, it was Andrew.
"What do you want!"
"Calm down, we don't have to do it if you don't feel like it-"
"Andrew it's over! I don't want to have anything to do with you anymore."
And I started running fast home without giving a single explanation to Andrew.

...

When I got home I rushed onto the bed completely ignoring my sister who tried to make me talk and I started crying on the pillow, choking all my problems on it.
I needed Karen.
I went out to the balcony and started banging hard on Karen's window.
I was surprised to see a lady of about 40 open the door for me and look at me strangely.
What does it mean?
"Excuse me, do you know where the girl who lives here is?"
"Miss, this house was left by the owners about five days ago."
Thing?
"Okay, thank you and I apologize for the inconvenience."
I went back to my room slamming the window.
Where the fuck is Karen.
Having no better ideas, I decided to go to the place where she works but when I got there I didn't receive answers to my questions.
Was Karen gone?
Or maybe she had moved here to the city?
Maybe she was evicted?
Will he be okay?
I need her.