Chapter 6: Growing up too fast

(Regulus's view)

I looked over at my brother with a smile as he sat with Luci in his arms looking out the window looking out at the birds outside.

"Do you see the birds Luci?" he asked, as he pointed at them making her giggle.

"Birdy!" she said, and my eyes widened in shock.

"Sirius, did you just?" I asked, and he nodded excitedly.

"She spoke!" he said, as he kissed her on the cheek.

"That's it Luci, say it again baby." I coaxed, and she looked at me a minute before responding.

"Dada!" she squealed, as she put her little hand on my face just as a tear fell down my cheek. "That's right baby." I said, as I kissed the tip of her nose.

"Do you think she can walk yet?" Sirius asked, as he set her on her feet, and she wobbled unsteadily for a second or two before making her way over to us.

"Yes, well done my love!" he exclaimed, as he scooped her up and kissed the top of her head before turning to me while still holding her.

"It's amazing, she's growing up so fast." I said, as I kissed her forehead before smiling at Sirius with tears of happiness in my eyes.

"Too fast for my liking." he muttered, as he nuzzled her cheek affectionately before kissing her forehead.