Chapter 12: The letter

(Sirius's view)

I awoke that evening to find an officer in front of my cell with something in his hand.

"Letter for Black." he said, as he thrust the envelope into my hand before walking away with a grunt.

I looked down at the envelope in my hand and opened it with trembling fingers then immediately recognizing my brother's cursive script.

I began to read it aloud to myself and tears built up in my eyes as I saw the picture of myself and baby Luci taped to it.

I felt my cheeks become wet with tears as I continued to read the letter from my brother.

"I should've never gone after peter." I thought, as I touched the picture of myself and my niece.

"I'm so sorry Luci." I whispered as I hugged the letter to my chest silently wishing to see both of them again.

"I miss you guys so much." I whimpered, as I brushed my fingers against the picture once more.

"You alright?" Shay asked, as he looked over at my tear-stained face.

"Yeah, I'm fi-fine, I just got a letter from my family." I said, as I held up the note and the picture for him to see.

"Aw, cute baby, is that Luci?" he asked, and I nodded with a soft smile.

"That's her." I confirmed, as I pointed to the other man in the photo.

"That's my brother Regulus." I said as I let a tear fall down my cheek.