Chapter 18: Bad Dreams

(Regulus's view)

That evening as I lay in bed with the window open slightly listening to the hum of the trees on the wind when the door opened and Dimitry walked in carrying a sleeping Luci in his arms.

"She fell asleep halfway through the film." he said, as he carefully laid her in the bed beside me and kissed her on the cheek.

"Sleep tight Luci." he whispered before turning to me with a grin.

"I'm going to go to bed, if you need me or anything my room is right next to yours." he said, before giving me a quick hug.

"Night, Reg." he said and I returned his smile with one of my own.

"Night D," I said before closing my book and setting it on the bedside table.

"Goodnight, my darling." I whispered to Luci as I kissed her forehead softly before turning out the lights and falling asleep. 

I sat on a railing overlooking a graveyard filled with headstones and grave markers that glittered in the moonlight like bone on the ground.

I shuddered in horror as I jumped down from the railing and searched aroud in vain for any sign of my daughter.

"Luci!" I screamed, as I continued my wild search.

"LUCI!" I called when suddenly I spotted a figure walking toward me and realized that it was a young woman.

"Pardon me, but have you seen--?" I began but then cut off in horror as she looked right through me.

The young woman looked exactly like me, and that's when I realized that it was my daughter.

I jolted awake glancing down at my sleeping daughter before getting out of bed and opening the door as quietly as possible before rapidly knocking on the door to Dimitry's room.

"I'm coming," Dimitry's sleepy voice said, and I threw myself into his arms the second he opened the door.