Chapter 14: We need to get out of here

(Sirius's view)

I awoke that evening with a brilliant idea on how to escape, I lowered my voice then whispered.

"Shay, wake up." as the guards passed our cell.

"Mmm?" he replied, as he looked up at me with sleepy eyes.

"I have an idea on how we can get out of here." I said, with a grin causing his eyes to widen slightly as they met mine.

"What is it?" he whispered back excitedly, and I told him the plan.

"Are you an animangus?" I asked quickly, and he nodded.

"Yeah, why?" he replied curiously and I explained the next part of the plan.

"We'll switch into our forms and escape." I told him in an excited whisper making him eagerly nod.

"I like your plan, darling, but there's one problem." he said, as he looked me in the eye.

"And what is it?" I asked, as I looked at him with a small smile.

"What will we do about the guards?" he asked, and a smirk formed on my lips as I looked at him again.

"Leave it to me, my friend." I said, with a smirk and he grinned again as he listened with excitement to the rest of the plan.

"That's a wonderful idea, but how in Merlin's name are we going to get it to work?" he asked, as he glanced around quickly before looking at me again.

"Don't worry, I've got the perfect distraction." I said, before gesturing to the bird perched outside the window staring at us.

  "An owl?" Shay asked, as he looked up at the bird with keen interest.

"Yes, she'll be our look out." I said, before motioning with my head to the owl who hooted in confusion before flying through the open window.