Chapter 9

Raea

   I didn't want to go to work today, so I called out. I barely made it through the rest of my shift yesterday, I was anxious and felt like everyone knew it was makeup on my neck. I know I shouldn't have called out just because but I think they can handle today, Sundays are usually dead in there. 

    I get up and do my morning routine, deciding to go ahead and put my hair mask on now instead of later. Sundays are wash days for me. Either before my shift or after, it's getting done. My phone dings and it's a text from an unsaved number. I wonder who this is...

    I knew exactly who it was by that last response

I knew exactly who it was by that last response. Amanda already tasted this man? He ain't even been here for a month yet. What am I thinking? She fuck everything. I make a mental note to message Marcel later and tell him about her.

Armelo

    I can't stop thinking about Raea and that night. I don't like how much attention she gets when she actually dresses up. I rather see her dress how she does at school. If I saw her in a store or something outside of school I wouldn't know it was her... well at a glance because her face is memorable.

    The team is going to shoot around today and I hope Marcel comes. I want to show him I got her. She may not see it that way but he definitely will. I grab my phone scrolling down my timeline and I see a photo of Marcel laying next to Amanda. EW. I screenshot it and send it to the basketball group chat; Hella laughing emojis came in seconds. He already fucking up and he just got here. We all know Amanda ran through, we are some of the guys who ran through her. No pun intended.

    I start getting ready to go to the gym. I texted Raea telling her we were shooting around. She only liked the message so I guess that means she's coming to join us. I haven't really talked to her since our date... correction; our thing, not a date.

  As I'm pulling up to the parking lot, I see Marcel walking in with Raea. wtf... I get a thumbs up, but Marcel gets the company? Aight. I purposely park across from where Marcel and Raea came from. Let's see what this ball sess will bring.

When I get to the locker room, all the boys were changing. I decided to go ahead and do the same before dapping them up. I head to the court afterward, just to see Raea sitting alone... bingo!

Raea

As Marcel and I walked into the gym, I showed him the message. He shook his head and simply said " She really think she got one up on you, like you're not my best friend." I just laughed and went onto the court once he went into the locker room.

I set up the gym for them before I sit on the bench. I swipe through my social media apps, not really absorbing the content. I try not to take social media too seriously because life isn't always vacations, bar hopping, and parties.