Chapter 6

𝚁𝚊𝚎𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"SELINA wake yo ass up!" I hear my oldest sister yell. I jump up confused as fuck. I turn my lamp on and I look at her crazy. "What nigga?!" I respond angrily. I look at the time on my side table clock, 12:37 am. Bruh it's midnight, why in the hell is she waking me up. Hell, why is she here? "I just got here from the airport and wanted to say hey to my favorite sister," she exclaims jumping on top of me. I roll my eyes. Girl, I'm your only sister.

I push her off me and grab my phone going to my bathroom. I sit on the toilet and I open my phone. I see missed calls, text messages, and Snapchat notifications. I groan lowly. Sometimes I forget I exist in other people's worlds. "So baby sis, you still a virgin ?" I hear Ariane (air-ree-ann) ask from my bed. I lean up and I look at her through the door. She's laying at the foot of my bed with an inquisitive look on her face. I shake my head and respond ", Yes Ariane I'm still a virgin." She claps loudly and screams in joy. "You're still my baby!" she says excitedly.

I find it weird how my virginity is like her second virginity. She always tells me to save it for when I'm ready, not for the "right person" as my mom would tell me. She lost hers to her very first boyfriend and the relationship was toxic for her because she was so attached and since then she has always told me "sex is intimate and adhesive to your heart. Subtract your feelings and get your nut". I still don't get how to do that but whatever.

I lean back in and I open Snapchat. I see 10+ friend requests, all from mentions and a few messages. Marcel. Ughhh why did he have to tag me? I look at the names and I screenshot it and send it to him. I look at my Snapchat messages. I see some from my friends and I see one from Armelo. He never texts me. We barely even talk at school. Mental eye roll. I swipe over and I see he has sent Marcel's story to me. And underneath it reads, " why you on this nigga story?" I look at it for a second. Who does this nigga think he is?

    I respond with a simple "?". I shrug to myself. Marcel is actually really chill, I wouldn't mind being friends with him. Our FaceTime call was cool. We got to know each other better. He now knows who my brothers are and why they were so important to our school. He already knew about them because they were both in the top ten for high school basketball in North Georgia. I shared some personal things and I explained my anxiety to him. He was understanding, some people think I'm dramatic.

    Once I'm done using the restroom I wash my hands and dry them before going back to my bed. I push my sister over and I lay down. I get back on my phone and watch Snapchat stories. As I'm watching them I get a FaceTime call from an unknown number. I stare at it and I let it ring. I try to go back to watching stories but they call again. I put my finger over the camera and I answer. I'm greeted with a bare-chested Armelo. I stare at my screen in disbelief. How did he get my number?

   "I know it's you Raea, Coach gave me your number, " his voice blares through my phone speaker. I turn my phone down and I answer lowly, "Why did you get my number from Coach? What did you tell him?" I move my hand and stare at him. He chuckles and sets his camera up.
He stares at me through the phone and finally responds", Told him I had questions about our practice today. So he gave it to me". He shrugs and pics out his hair.

   I shake my head. Men are so oblivious. Why would Coach believe that? He could have asked him for the notes instead. Why would he want to ask me directly? Idiots, they're all idiots. I focus back on the phone. I take in his bare chest. He is very skinny. He has slight muscles but very little. "Well, what did you really want ?" I ask with a lifted eyebrow. He smirks. I roll my eyes and I sit up. He watches me intently. I look at him awkwardly, waiting for him to respond.

   "I wanted to talk to you since you blew me off earlier for Marcel, " he admits, saying Marcels' name with venom. I start laughing, uncontrollably. I laugh so hard I start crying. I get myself under control and I straight face him. He looks mad as hell. I crack a smirk saying", it's not blowing you off if I never made plans with you." That didn't make him happy either. Ariane turns and looks at me like I've kicked a baby.

"Raea is that the guy?" she whispers looking at me. I mute the phone and explain the situation to her. She laughs and gets up leaving. Well damn, she didn't have to leave. I un-mute myself and I look at him. He's just staring at me. I shrug to myself, maybe I was too harsh but he's trying to control me like I'm his girlfriend. "Why you on his snap?" he asks looking at his ceiling. "Why are you worried about it so much, " I respond looking at him. He looks back down at the phone. "'Cuz I don't like him. You shouldn't be hanging out with him outside of school and ball, " he answers nonchalantly.

I get up going to my desk and I sit down propping my phone up. "Last time I checked, you aren't my father nor my man. So why you pressed about who I keep around me?" I ask with an intrigued facial expression. It seems to me that he doesn't want me but he doesn't want anyone else to want/have me. I know he only wants to fuck. It's too obvious and by what Marcel said, he definitely only wants to fuck.

He wipes his hand down his face out of frustration. I shake my head. He really thinks I'm naive. I may like him but I'm not desperate or dumb.

𝙰𝚛𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚘'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

I look at Raea through my phone. I know I should not be trying to just fuck but I can't risk my reputation for a big girl. Even if I like her personality and slick ass comments. It can not happen, not right now at least. I've become one of the star players. In Scout's eyes, I'm the shit; But in my peer's eyes, I'd be a laughing stock. Her brothers were fye ass players, so dating their little sister would be great. It just wouldn't be good for my reputation.

In my mind, if I take her V-Card, she will be attached. If she's attached, I can keep her around and date her after high school. But I'm trying to figure out how to maneuver my plan. "I like you Raea, I don't want him trying to get who's rightfully mine, " I explain. I smirk on the inside, "rightfully mine". Even if I've never applied pressure before, she still mines. I've dreamt of her being mine.

I know, why not make her mines. I will, just not now. Not in the open. "Rightfully yours? Nigga I belong to no one the fuck!" She exclaims, slightly irritated by my words. Raea continues ", You think you're all that, but you just like any other muvafucka at that school. If I was "rightfully yours" I would've been yours already. Lose my number!" She hangs up. I stare at my phone screen. Wow. She is sexy when she mad. I got something for that. Mental high-five.

I grab my phone and I go to her brother's profile. I scroll through his following and I find his older sister. Jackpot. I scroll down her profile and I see a post with Raea in it. Damn.

   I press the tagged profile and its Raea

I press the tagged profile and its Raea. 10,000 followers? How did I not ever see her post on my explore page? She so damn thick man. I follow her and I dm her "I found you☺️". Her world is being shaken by me. How lovely!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
check Authors Note section for more updates