✩9✩

JACOB POV

My eyes followed Edward as he moved around the kitchen, preparing breakfast. My eyelids felt heavy. I'd hardly slept the night before, the thought of the Disney fiasco replaying in my head every time I closed my eyes. I felt like an idiot. Like a piece of shit. It may have been for the cameras, but I still felt as though I had crossed a line both of us had silently agreed upon. But we would have had to eventually, right? This was only a matter of time. No one would believe the act if we didn't engage in coupley activities.

Edward's hand waving in my face brought me to attention.

"I said, do you want eggs?" He frowned, holding a spatula and an egg.

"I'm a growing boy," I shrugged, "I like 'em scrambled." Edward said nothing, not even a laugh. Good. I wasn't joking. He turned back to the stove, effortlessly cracking the egg on the side of the pan. They sizzled as he pushed them around, and the smell danced over to me. My stomach grumbled. I hadn't eaten anything since our meal together the day before. Thinking about it made me lose my appetite... but only a little. I get up and look over Edward's shoulder.

"You look like you know what you're doing," I commented, eyeing the pan. My eyes flickered to Edward's... bare chest, and then back at the eggs. My face heated up a bit. Must be the heat from the stove.

"Eggs... are one the easiest things to cook." Edward sounded proud of himself in spite of that.

"Well, I tried to boil an egg but it caught on fire.. like the whole thing... caught on fire..."

"Sucks to suck." Edward offered a small smile and pointed to a cabinet right next to the stove, "The plates are in there."

I nodded and got two, placing them on the table. Just-in time, Edward came over with the fresh scramble and packet of cheese and took his seat across from me.

"You put cheese on your eggs?" I eyed the orange packet.

"You don't?" He grabbed a handful of shredded cheddar cheese and sprinkled it across his yellow hills. I shrugged and reached for the eggs at the same time Edward grabbed the spatula for the eggs. Our hands brushed and I pulled back like I had been burned. We made eye contact but neither of us said anything.

"You go first," Edward said, breaking the 2 second or 2 hour silence. "I already have some anyway."

I gave an awkward smile and fumbled around, putting the eggs on my plate. I gratefully dug in.

"What do you think?" Edward was watching expectantly, as though my opinion of his egg making was important. And he was right.

"They're delicious." I was being honest, they were really well done. "Thanks, I was starving," I grinned appreciatively. I loved those eggs so much... I'd love to bathe in them someday if Edward bought an industrial sized egg carton. Edward looked pleased with himself as he continued to eat.

"Now that you're eating, I think we should start our chat." He said, picking around at his plate.

"Our chat.." I echoed.

"You kissed me. Without my permission." He said, his tone shifting. I could feel him glaring at me as I stared down at my plate.

"Yeah I did... I'm sorry. Don't worry, it won't happen again."

Edward paused, looking a bit defeated. "If there is a time when we need to though..." He trailed off.

"I'll make sure that doesn't happen. You don't have to worry."

"But I'm not worried. And what if it's something we can't avoid?"

"One kiss should've sold it. I'm sure we can just say they've seen enough." Edward's expression soured even more. What was I saying wrong?

"If I disgust you that much maybe we should just break this off now."

"Disgust me? Where did you get that idea?" I felt a little miffed. I was trying to do this for his sake, and he's taking things way too personally.

"I'm doing this to help you out, aren't I? If you're scared I might be into you, chill out. We don't have to keep this going if you're going to be weird about it."

"Weird about it? Last time we kissed you cried. I don't want to see that happen again." Edward's expression softened, his face flushed.

"I wasn't crying because of the kiss..." He mumbled.

"The kiss, me running my mouth like that, they're all because I'm the type to do stupid things impulsively. I don't want you to cry because of me anymore."

He looks away.

"I'm not disgusted by you at all if that's really what you were worried about." Edward nodded.

"I'm not disgusted by you either, for what it's worth. You just seemed so adamant about not kissing me again."

"I never said I didn't like it!" I blurted out. Edward froze, his pale face reddening again. Mine did too, I could feel my cheeks burning. "I mean it wasn't the worst..."

"Oh..."

"Yeah..."

"But anyway... Next time if we, uh, have to... just ask me first."

"No problem. That's easy." My phone buzzed from my back pocket. I fished it out. It was Angela. 

---_____----

AN: HII gus ik its been along time but I hope you'll are you doing well!! isure am :))) I've been working really hard at improving my comedy skillllz so lemme know in the comments if you loled or rofled 

THANKS GUSS!!!! !! ! XOXO