x 2 x

EDWARD POV

The cool breeze hit my face as I stepped out into the alley behind the venue. I pulled out a cigarette and brought it to my lips as I leaned against the wall. The back door swung open as I flicked my lighter, but I paid no mind to it, my gaze remaining on the flame.  

"You're kidding."

My eyes snapped toward the door and my heart skipped a beat. Jacob was leaning on the wall next to the door, a soda can hanging loosely between his fingers. I remained silent, not knowing where to look. 

"You still smoke? You'll need to sing through a hole in your neck." He chuckled and took a sip of his soda. 

"Why are you here? I heard there was a party. If I remember correctly, it's hard to keep you away from one."

"I needed a break," He scans my face. "And I thought I'd run into someone I didn't want to see."

I felt my anger bubble. "Same here. My head hurts from that terrible band in there. Ssould have left after the the opener."

His eyes narrowed and he took step closer. "At least that band writes their own music."

"At least my band can fill an arena."

"At least my band can- oh fuck off!" Then he surged forward, and his fist connected with my jaw. My head smashed against the wall and my vision blurred. 

"What the hell is your problem?!" I snapped, swinging my arm wildly. He caught my hand easily, forcing it up above my head.

"My problem is you and your-" He was cut off by the sound of a camera shutter. He whipped his head toward the direction. "Is someone there?"

I took this opportunity to free my hand and shove him away from me. "Stay away from me." I pushed off the wall and headed toward the door, stopping when it swung open once again.

"Jacob, where the-" Seth stepped out, stopping his tracks when he saw the two of us. 
"Seriously guys... How many times has it been now?" I pushed past him, averting my eyes, and trudged back into the building. 

If he hadn't hit me first, I would't have been overpowered so easily. In our fights in the past, we'd been more evenly matched. Had he been working out? 

I pulled out my phone, and called an Uber. I needed to sleep. 

A/N:

hope you all liked it! don't be a silent reader!! 

thanks gus!!