x 6 x

EDWARD POV

When I stepped out of the car, I was met with an wave of bodies surging toward me. 

"Edward, Jacob! Look over here!" The flashing lights barricaded us from the entrance to the park. My eyes stung, but I managed to put on a smile for the cameras. I tried to see how Jacob was faring, but when I looked toward his side of the car, I couldn't see him. 

"Don't tell me you're having a hard time already," I felt his arm on my shoulder as he whispered close to my ear. A shiver went down my spine.

"Shut up," I said as I pulled my arm away from him.

He flashed his teeth in a teasing smile, and motioned over to the cameras with a subtle nod of his head. I swallowed and grabbed his arm with a crafted smile, letting him drag us through the swarm.

Jacob walked with an easy confidence, and the surrounding crowd seemed to ease to the sides to let us pass. I let out the breath I was holding as the path cleared. 

"What should we do first on our- why do you look so tense?" Jacob looked almost worried when his eyes met mine. I kept my eyes trained upwards, towards the architecture of the park buildings- and away from the even larger crowds that awaited us beyond the gate.

"Let's go to that one." I pointed toward one of the larger rollercoasters, determined to have at least some fun on this forced date. I felt Jacob's eyes linger on my for just a second, before he nodded in agreement. 

"I get to pick the next ride though."

We walk to the ride, still aware of the cameras on us. "Hold my hand," Jacob whispers. I felt my face grow warmer, and, still keeping my eyes averted, laced my fingers into his. The line for the ride was fairly short, but the silence in between whispered commands was bordering on uncomfortable. Jacob, seeming to feel this as well, squeezed my hand. 

"We haven't ridden something like this together since high school."

"Yeah, we used to search for the most terrifying rides," I let my mind wander in my memories for a second, but quickly reeled it in once we got to the front of the line. The attendant, obviously star struck, led us to our car on the ride personally, and made it a point to make sure our buckles were fastened properly. Twice.

"Damn, I can barely breathe," Jacob said as he tugged on his seatbelt. I felt the same, but I didn't know why as my seatbelt was not on that tight. The fit in the seats was tight. My knees butted up against the interior, and there was no way I could position myself where I wasn't pressed up against Jacob. 

"I'm hungry," Jacob said over the last minute safety instructions. "Can we eat soon?"

I glared at him.

 "Are you stupid? Everyone knows you eat after all the big rides so you don't get-" the ride lurched forward, and began crawling up the track. As we neared the top of the first drop, Jacob turned to me. 

"I won't be the best boyfriend I can be if I'm hungry." I was about to respond with an insult when the cart suddenly plummeted, and I found myself unconsciously gripping onto Jacob's arm. A loud scream erupted from Jacob, but I was struggling to open any of my orifices™. The inertia whipped us up the next hill and gravity plummeted us back down. I still held on to Jacob's bicep. He'd definitely been working out. I looked at my arm. Why did I even try to punch him? In comparison, I may as well have been raw chicken. Pale, with bones that cracked easily. I suddenly got mad at Jacob again, but I was unable to pinpoint exactly why. That pissed me off even more. In my fit of unexplained malice, I shoved him. But I was much weaker, and wound up pushing myself away, nearly throwing myself out of the cart. 

Jacob turned to me with wide eyes as the ride slowed to a stop. "Were you trying to kill me or yourself?!" 

I unbuckled my seatbelt, somewhat ashamed. "Maybe both" I mumbled.

"Okay... can we eat first though?" I moved to punch him again, but noticed the swarm of paparazzi beginning to form again and instead looped my arm in his. 

"Of course" I forced a smile. Jacob pulled me toward a Mickey Mouse™ themed cafe. He then proceeded to pull out my chair for me. I sat down, embarrassed. Flicking through the menu, i was impressed not only by the range of options, but the by the lack of range in price. Everything was pricey. 

"You're paying for this," I stated as I continued perusing the menu.

"Well, I was going to offer, but now I'm curious. The band's not making enough?" He asked with a smirk. I shot him a glare. 

"We're making tons of money. Definitely more than you. I just can't see myself spending a fortune on Mickey™ shaped food while helping save your career." He rolled his eyes. 

"Fine, I'll pay."

I didn't want to do anything other than stab him with the butter knife in front of me. But I calmed myself down. This was free food now.

A/N

WOOO HOOO BACK FROM THE DEAD YAHAAHH

NGL Literaaly 4got abt this 4 a b1t you kno how life can b hahahahhaha

Also My cousin got aressted and we HAd to get Bail moneey so my wIfI was cu t of lmao

But AS ALAYS::

THANKS GUS!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !!! ! ! !

DOnt be a siled reader!! ! Like comment and subscrybe!! ! ! XD