Part Five- In the Kitchens

Part 5

December 27 9:00pm- January 3 10:40 pm

Annie pov:

The light flooded into my dorm eyes as I turned over to see my clock that read 5:30. I looked over to Astoria and Pansy and they were both fast asleep nowhere close to being awake. So I slipped out of bed and went to the bathroom. I closed the door and pointed my wand at the door.

"Muffliato"

I hopped into the shower and got ready for the day. I decided to curl my hair and leave it in a half up hairstyle tied with a light green ribbon. After applying my makeup I checked my watch and it was 6:00am. I decided to go out by the black lake, read and bring snacks.

As I walked down to the kitchens I saw a dark figure sitting down with a plate of food.

"Hey Cedric!"

"Annie!" He turned around and hugged her tightly.

"How are you Ced?"

"I'm doing quite well. Just a little stressed about newts." He said back. I looked into his eyes to see worry. He actually looked really tired, although he still had his dashing charm that all the girls swooned for.

"You're going to do fine. Ced you're a great student and a teacher's pet." I said with a smirk.

"Hey!" He said then smiled. "I do not suck up to teachers."

"Whatever you say." I said and then stole a piece of toast from his plate. After taking a bite I asked him "Are you and Cho still together?"

He looked at me with a blank face "No, I broke up with her two weeks ago." He said, sounding pleased and happy with himself which shocked me.

"Are you ok? What happened?" I tried to think of the reasons Cedric and Cho had ended things but couldn't think of anything.

He replied "All she talked about after the tournament was, 'I can't believe Harry won, Cedric aren't you playing Harry in quidditch next match' It's all Harry this Harry that it's like she lost feelings when I lost the Triwizard Cup and Harry won." He said.

I saw the blazing fire in his eyes as he talked further about what was wrong with their relationship as though someone was throwing logs into the fire. As he said the last sentence his eyes calmed and they went back to the soft ones they had been before. I sighed and looked at him with a sympathetic look. I placed my hand on his tense one and felt him relax under the touch. "Cedric you deserve way better than her. You can have any girl in school so don't let Cho make you feel like you are nothing because you're anything but nothing."

He smiled at me and looked at me with soft grey eyes that sparkled then squeezed my hand as thanks. I felt a hot blush creep up my cheeks and looked down at my hands. I felt a strong hand pull my chin back up and my eyes met with Cedric's. "Thanks Ann that means a lot." He said while still smiling at me. I swore I could see some blush dusted on his cheeks. "Well I best be off my friends will start waking up soon." He said

We both got up as he stepped over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist while pulling me into his chest. After a half second I reciprocated the hug by wrapping my arms around his neck. We stood there for a while before I pulled away and gave him a small smile before saying "See ya Ced."

------

"Here you go miss!" An Elf said while handing me a picnic basket full of food and iced tea.

"Thank you" I said with a smile and quickly went back up to my dorm and grabbed a blanket, my journal, and grabbed another french book that I had brought back with me. I headed down the stairs and out of the common room. Once I found a spot a little bit behind the lake in a field of grass with a few trees littering the area.

I set out my blanket, set out my food and cracked open my book. I sat there reading for a long time as people started to come outside and do their regular activities. I then remembered that I forgot to leave a note for Astoria and Pansy telling them where I had gone. I decided not to worry about it and pulled my journal out and started to write about the things that had happened this past week.

716 words

-----------------

A/N-

Hey guys! Hope you all had great holidays! I am on my way back home and we have stopped in Nebraska.

I start school this week but I'll try to update at least once a week.

Also CEDRIC!! I feel like Annie has all these guys falling all over her and she doesn't know how to react.

Anyways side note- if you want to know Annie's aesthetic I have a pinterest board so if you wanna check that out here's my pinterest account- sneitz002

Bye Guys!