Part 18- the black ball

Part 18

May 11 9:05- May 12 5:25

Normal pov:

After lunch with the Potters, Lupins, and Pettigrews, everyone got ready for the ball. All of the decorations were set up and the manor was looking very festive. The large dining hall was transformed into a ballroom. Around the hallways there were christmas flowers and under some archways there was mistletoe.

"Annie will you zip me up?" Cordelia calls from across the room.

"Of course." Annie replies. She was very nervous and excited for the night that lay ahead. Annie already had her dress on and it perfectly contrasted with her blonde hair and pale skin tone. She layered some silver jewelry and decided on wearing the necklace that Theo had given her. Annie then curled her hair and put a light layer of makeup on. For shoes she had chosen a pair of sparkly heels that looked like they had diamonds from the top to bottom. They were about three inches and she could already feel her feet ache.

With Cordelia's green dress she wore a pair of white heels underneath instead on black. She wore all gold jewelry and curled her hair. She pinned back one piece with a golden barrett. Cordelia's heels were about 2 inches that elevated her outfit.

"Bloody hell Delia you are going to have all the guys over you tonight!"

"But there's only one that matters." she said with a smile. "And what about you! You look hot!"

Both girls laughed and decided to go downstairs because the ball had started twenty minutes ago and they were both very late. They both peaked around the corner to see the large staircase that led down to the ballroom to see hundreds of people. Annie looked around to see Theodore standing against a wall with Draco and Blaise looking bored as ever.

"Okay are you ready to make our grand entrance?"Cordelia asked Annie

"Yeah one second" Annie took a few deep breaths and then turned on her veela charm before taking Cordelia's reached out hand and they both walked out to the top of the staircase.

"Remember we are the hottest ones here." Cordelia said and we both giggled

They walked down the staircase with smiles of joy. Lots of heads turned to look at the pair as they descended the staircase. Annie looked around the room as she walked down before catching someone's eyes. Leo's eyes were staring straight at her. She sent him a small smile before turning her head to continue scanning the room. She finally caught the eyes that she was looking for and they were Theo's.

He looked at her like there was no one else in the room. Like she was the sun that rose and fell everyday. She lit up his eyes like a star in the night sky.

Annie and Cordelia finally made it to the bottom of the staircase and there were lots of people there to greet them. Annie had lost Theo in the crowd of people and wasn't sure where she was. With only being 5'6 with her heels on she couldn't see over people's heads like Cordelia could. So she stayed with her hoping to come across an area where there were less people so maybe she could see 5 feet in front of her.

She then felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around to see Leo standing there. "Do you mind if I dance with you?"

She smiled kindly at him and replied "Of course. But you'll need to guide me to the dance floor."

"Take my hand." he said politely.

Annie grabbed onto his hand as he led her to the dance floor. After fighting through the crowd they finally found the dance floor. Leo put one hand on her waist and one in her hand. The song began to play and they danced with everyone else.