𝟖

Warning:death (I'm sorry for this chapter in advance)

The bloodcurdling screamed rang through Varian's head, over and over and over. You were currently back at home, trying to make midnight drink the healing potion you had made earlier.

"Cmon, I know it's going to hurt but i need you to stay with me...no I'm not leaving you to die I need you." You whispered the tear streaks stained your face. You weren't breathing properly and seeing you so shaken scared him, you seemed unbreakable. But here you were...broken.

You were digging through your bag testing different potions because midnight wouldn't drink the healing one. Varian put a hand on your shoulder, you quickly shrug it off focusing your attention on midnight. "I'm not leaving you alone." Varian noticed that you and the cat had locked eyes, was that how you communicated? "No! I'm not losing someone else to that murderer!"

There they were again, you're friends the tears. "I know, I know" whatever that cat was telling you wasn't helping on the sad factor. "I know it wasn't my fault... he should burn in hell for what he did to you, mom, and dad." What did he do? Varian leaned against the table midnight was on. He was sad for you, he scratched ruddiger's head as the poor raccoon was sad too.

He watched as you grabbed something from your bag that was different from the others. It was brown and black, it looked horrifying and he didn't know why. "What's that?" You were silent "painless death, if he won't let me heal him I'll at least put him out of his misery." You felt Varian put his hand on your shoulder again

You let the tears fall as you gave him the potion. Silence rang in your ears as you hugged the dying animal. The cat's body faded into the air, a yellow silhouette is all that remained. It circled around you before Leaving through a window.

You were still for a moment "star-" Varian was startled by how you collapsed onto your knees, he followed you crossing his legs and sitting on the floor. You gave him a look that just broke his heart. He put his arms out to you and you threw yourself at him.

You sat in his lap as you held him tightly, your face in the crook of his neck. He listened to your sobs, ruddiger sat himself on your lap and tried to hug you with his tiny raccoon arms and failing.
———

After a couple hours you ended up falling asleep on him, Ruddiger was asleep too while Varian sat there tired. He, as the royal engineer, usually never slept unless he passed out. But, he was oddly comfortable on the floor with you. He knew you both couldn't stay there though. He lifted you up, Ruddiger woke up from the movement and hopped off of you.

Varian shushed Ruddiger as he took you to your room. He rested you on the bed, you got comfortable as you slept. Varian smiled and was about to find somewhere else to sleep but you grabbed his wrist. He turned to you "please, don't leave me." He hesitated, but when you scooted out of the way, he sighed.

He slowly rested himself on the bed, you grabbed him and held him once he was comfortable. Varian rested his head on top of yours. He knew you needed this right now, so he hugged you, falling asleep. Ruddiger sat himself behind Varian and followed in suit.
———

You jolted up, you were in your old room. Why? You had no idea. You tried to speak but you're throat was clamped shut. You were about to speak again but you heard distant laughter. You reached for the handle, your hand phased through. You then walked through the shut door and saw your favorite memory, and also the last happy memory you had with your parents.

"Oh dear I seem to have lost my family!" You heard a man say with laughter lacing his every word. You watched him search everywhere, his (H/C) hair danced as he looked around. Your mother screamed with glee when he found her. She had black hair and (E/C) eyes like yours. "Now where is she! Where's my little dandelion?!" You heard her say. You were 6 at the time. Which made it all the more traumatic.

You heard a tiny scream as a little girl was pulled out of her hiding spot, you. You watched as they played more and more. Yelling, shouting, and screaming. You blinked, Suddenly flames flooded your vision. This was your worst memory, but also the last thing you remember with your parents.

"Star! You need to get out of here!" You turned and saw tiny you in your mother's arms. "But I don't want to I want to stay with you!" He kept reassuring you, but abruptly a piece of wood fell onto him suspending him to the ground. "Go! Both of you!" Your mother placed you on the ground. "(Y/N). You have to run." She said as she tried to help your father. "Mommy!" She ran towards something that was holding a broom and a hat.

"You remember what mommy taught you right?" You nodded, she put the hat on your head, and handed you the broom "so fly! Fly our shooting star! Fly!" You frowned hearing your father "keep her safe!" Your mother was too stubborn for that "I'm not leaving you!" She looked at you "go! Now! We love you (Y/N)" she opened a window and you flew out on the broom. You flew as far as your little heart could let you. You stopped and landed on your feet.

"Sir the two witches in the home were killed" you heard someone say. "And the child?" Louis. You looked out at him, he was a bit skinnier than now Louis who looked like a tree. "There wasn't a child near the home sir." You saw him slam his fist down. "Find that child or so help me I'll find it myself." You stepped on a stick, breaking it. "There!" You quickly got on the broom and flew as high as you could.
———

You jolted awake startling Varian enough to knock him out of bed. Ruddiger who was resting on your stomach got thrown across the room. Varian looked at you. "Hey, hey, hey." You began crying again. He got off the ground and held you in his arms.
————

Heavy angst is good angst,

I gotta be honest I started crying halfway through writing this chapter, not only because of what happened but because I'm lonely.

Anywho thank you all so much for reading!