𝟗

You haven't left your bedroom for two days, Varian was getting worried, he had to feed ruddiger but since you usually made food for the animals it was pretty mediocre in comparison. Varian thought about what happened two days ago.

"It's okay it was just a nightmare." He whispered to you as you cried into his chest. This was the worst time to admit it but he started to grow fond of you. He messed with your hair trying to comfort you, and soon your sobs were silent. He knew you weren't asleep, but he didn't care much about that. The silence was long yet sweet. It tugged at his heart strings when you spoke. "Thank you, for staying." Your voice was raspy as it cracked. "Anytime" he replied.

He smiled at the memory. Today he was going to get you to eat something. Whether you liked it or not. He picked up the plate, fork, and knife. He stared at the knife "maybe not." He said with concern. He placed it down and walked towards your room.

He opened the door to see you cradling yourself on your bed. He gulped and walked over to your bed. Sitting on the opposite end of it. "Are you hungry?" You looked up and shook your head "star..." you shook your head again "star, you haven't eaten anything in two days. You're going to eat." You hid your face into your knees. "Please? For me?" You looked up at him. Your heart melted into his soft puppy-like eyes.

You sighed "only for you fluffy." He smiled at the nickname. But was taken aback when you opened your mouth. He blushed when he saw two tiny fangs poking out. "Were those always there?" You nodded. He shrugged and began to feed you.

Operation:Eat, was a success.
———

Three days had passed, you began eating on your own which is always a good thing. You were out of your room a lot more, making food for ruddiger. You sometimes accidentally fill up midnights bowl. Which broke Varian's heart.

You weren't doing much with magic though. You would usually use magic to make the day easier for you, but it seemed magic was a trigger for you atm.
———

One day went by, it was mostly silent like all the other days. Though your demeanor had changed. You want to tell Varian something but you in all honesty were scared if he was going to leave you. Varian looked at you "hey, you okay?" He would check on you every few minutes, and that was nice, sometimes annoying but nice.

You looked at him. "Gosh how do I say this..." you mumbled "I want to talk about my parents with you..." you trailed off making Varian's eyes widen.

"I mean are you sure? You really don't have to." He said reassuringly. You nodded. Beginning to tell him about your parents.
———

"Your dad was an alchemist? That's awesome!" He said making you giggle. "Did he teach you anything?" You shook your head. "well maybe when this all blows over I can teach you a bit!" He said with a grin.

"Maybe..." you smiled. "Well what happened to them?" He asked. You sighed.

"Remember the mistress' fate?" Varian's eyes widened. You took that as a yes "yeah...it was the worst thing to ever happen to me." Varian frowned "star, I-"

You take a deep breath "it's not star." Varian looked at you "well, not anymore." You chuckled shyly. Varian continued to look at you. "My parents always gave me unique nicknames whenever they wanted to. And star was the last thing my dad called me before he died." You said a tear escaping your eye.

"It's (Y/N)" you avoided eye contact with him, but he grabbed your chin and pulled you to face him. "That's a beautiful name." Varian said with a small smile.

You didn't realize it but you began to lean closer to him, he followed you. Your eyes slowly began to shut. You were so close now. Your heart was beating so fast. You're eyes widened to the size of dinner plates, you shove him away. Standing up from your chair. "IM GONNA GO GET SOME FRESH AIR!" you quickly walked away, a blushing mess.

Varian was still in shock of what just happened, "oh...oh dear." He said as he held his chest.
————
seriously, I've never made it this far into a fanfic before! And by the time you're reading this i probably just started going back to school, so I really need to get all these chapters out soon.
Toodles! 💗

Ps. Motivation is lowering quickly, so this might be the last chapter for a long while