The Eventful Day

Atlas woke up rather early, and quickly got into his uniform. He even skipped breakfast to head to Kumiho's cell. A lot of people noticed the spring in his step as he walked past, but to most the reason was obvious. He opens her cell door happily, the homey cabin waiting for him. He saw Kumiho look over at him from the kitchen. She smiled happily.

"Good Morning, Ne Sarang" She calls out happily.

Atlas returns the smile

"Morning, Kumiho. And will you tell me what Ne sarang means?" He asks, hoping for an answer.

She thinks for a moment, then shrugs.

"It means "My Love", Ne sarang" She responds.

Atlas feels his heart skip a beat. She actually liked him, scratch that, she loved him. He wasn't expecting such a confession from her.

"Don't you have something to say to me..?" Kumiho broke the silence, asking the question.

Atlas nods several times

"I love you...." He says quietly.

Kumiho smiles even more

"I'm glad you do. Breakfast is nearly ready so please take a seat" She says, smiling happily.

Atlas nods and walks over, though can't really smell anything. He shrugs and sits down, taking his helmet and balaclava off. Then suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around him and he felt a warm embrace of a hug.

"I love you to..." Kumiho whispered in his ear.

She clung to him tighter, Atlas gripping one of her hands. He stands up and turns around so he can hug her properly. The pair cling to each other, neither wanting to let go. Atlas leans in and misses her forehead, then rubbing her head. The pair remained like this for several minutes.

"I actually am really hungry..." Atlas whispers.

Kumiho breaks into laughter

"Such a heart warming moment and you break it with that?" She jokes

"It was either me or my stomach" He retorts

She laughs even more. Atlas thinks it's the best thing his ever head. She lets go of him and walks over to the Kitchen. Atlas sits back down and waits patiently. Breakfast is little heart-shaped pancakes. Atlas laughs a little and brings to eat with her.

"Oh, forgot to mention. You can leave your cell as long as your accompanied by me." He brings on the good news.

Kumiho looks up excitedly at him

"Really?! Oh my, you better give me a tour of where you work!" She exclaims.

Atlas Chuckles a little

"It isn't much but sure, I'll show you around" He responds

Breakfast ended shortly after that. Kumiho made herself look nice while Atlas put his headgear back on. As they begin to walk out, Kumiho grabs his hand and leans in his left shoulder. Atlas blushed a little as she does so. Kumiho seemed to brave the dogs as they walked past them, maybe Atlas had given her a boost in bravery. He walks her to his barracks and is given access.

"This, is where I sleep. Along with my unit. We also keep personal belongings here" He introduces.

She looks around, a little underwhelmed. It's was devoid of people since they were all doing work. And there wasn't much to it, just two rows of bunk beds and some footlockers. She sighed a little.

"Well, what did you expect?" He asks

She shrugs her shoulders