chapter 1| His eyes

- Amylin -

"Aahh...this spot in this park is my absolute favourite",I said out loud not caring if anyone would hear. "Am I going to see him today too? Wonder if he'll respond if I talk to him... "

"Why, do you think I'll just walk away?"

"AAAHHHH" I screamed ,startled by the sudden voice and decided to turn around to find the owner of that voice .

"You- ... I-.... You-.. Are you- ... Me? " I stupidly stumbled on my words seeing him.

He just chuckled.

How can someone be so cute and hot at the same time... It should be considered a crime given how many times you give me heart attack.

I decided to shut my brain from these thoughts and tried to collect myself together. I noticed his flustered expression which appeared for just a fraction of second before he started laughing.

Seeing my confused face he started laughing even more.

"Wh- why are you laughing at me? Is there something on my face?" I stuttered again feeling self-conscious.

"Thanks for the compliment" he said giving me a charming smile.

"Wh- DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD? "
I covered my face in embarassment .
He suddenly became silent and looked serious. "When will you stop getting so shy around your boyfriend? And why would you think I wouldn't talk to you? " He said as he started walking closer.

"Huh? B-boy- BOYFRIEND??? When did I get a boyfriend?? I'm sure I remember last night getting jealous over tiktok couples and feeling soo single ... Until ...I don't even know when I drifted to sleep. Wait- that reminds me ...when did I wake up from my sleep after last night??"
I looked up wanting to meet his eyes but all I see is empty park and a bench near me.

You got that hometown smile~
You got that look in your eyes ~
That says ..oh, everything will one day be alright~

"Where is this song coming from? Nice song tho. Wait that's my ...alarmtone?"

I opened my eyes to see the ceiling of my room when I heard a knock on my door.

"Are you going to stop that annoying ringtone or do you want me to throw your phone out of the window? AND WAKE UP , IT'S 8:30 ALREADY" I heard Claire, my best friend since forever.. aka my roommate, shouting.

"IT'S NOT ANNOYING...UGGHH FINE I WOKE UP" I shouted back. No one's gonna say that about my hometown smile.

I went straight to the bathroom and started getting ready for the day. I decided to go with a simple and casual outfit . It's not like today's the first day of college it's just the start of a new semester. We just got one week holidays after the end of last semester and here it is ... A new semester again .But whatever, simple and casual it is. I forgot to mention that I go to college, majoring in photography.
Claire is in the same college and same major as me but we sometimes have different schedules. I decided to go with a simple white crop top and high-waisted jeans. I let my hair down and slight makeup with natural look.
And done. I looked at myself in the mirror with a satisfied smile when I heard Claire again.

"Are you done yet? Breakfast is ready"
"Coming!!" I responded while checking my bag if I have everything :wallet, phone, camera,reels etc... I slung my bag around my shoulder and walked out of my room.