𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕤𝕖𝕣 𝕡𝕥.𝟚

•𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕠𝕗𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕•

after a moments' consideration, you realized that whatever it is you wanted to say couldn't possibly fit into text. you felt... angry? hurt? betrayed, even? he didnt warn you about this. he didnt even send you a single text this week. and he's already dating her? you dont even know this girl. stupid 'emmy' was never mentioned in a single conversation between you two. and, i mean, you didnt know much about relationships but they dont happen in a fucking day, which means he kept this entire thing a secret from you for weeks. months, maybe. does he think you cant handle this? or does he think that your literal years of friendship can go down the drain for this girl who barely knows him? she probably doesnt even know that his deodorant smells like the woods because of his memories of you as kids running through the forest near his parents' house with your dog, or that every time you visit him, you have to leave a shirt because he doesnt want you to leave completely, and your old shirts have lost your scent. or that he loved that you smelled like evenings and honeydew, and how you stumbled over your words when you were embarrassed, how a single touch from you could make all his troubles go away. but he threw that all away for some girl on twitter. i mean she studies history, for gods sake. she must be really amazing if he can just toss you away like that. you were still confused on why he didnt tell you. before proceeding with a call, you text wilbur. maybe he could help.

you: hey wilbur?

wilby: yes y/n?

you: did alex tell you about her

whats her name

emmy

wilby: yes? he told all of us

you: oh

wilby: wait he didnt tell you?

you: nope :)

wilby: i'm so sorry y/n

you: everything was fine yesterday, i dont understand why he would keep this a secret

wilby: maybe he didnt want to hurt you?

you: wym?

wilby: maybe he knows about your feelings for him

oh. just as your life crumbled around you, you smiled. he knew. he knew all along. he knew what he was doing to you when he jokingly pushed you against the wall, when he took your shirts, when he fell asleep in your lap during movie marathons. he knew exactly what he was doing. alex let you make yourself look like a fool in love just for his sick pleasure. still, it somehow made you smile that he knew all along. were you a masochist? maybe. even so, you fed into his affection, no matter how one-sided it may have been. without even realizing it, you were gasping for a breath, drowning in a puddle of your own tears. you reached out towards your door, which suddenly seemed closer than it was. you collapsed onto your stomach with a huge thud. it felt like you were burning up from the inside. quickly flipping yourself over and reaching out towards your desk, you found your phone.

"hello? please send an ambulance, i think i'm having a heart attack."

-𝕥𝕨𝕠 𝕕𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣 -

"Hello, ms. l/n! how are we feeling today? everything alright?"

you stared warily at the iv in your arm. maybe you should text wilbur. he's been bothering you non-stop, along with everyone else. everyone except alex.

"Ms.l/n? Hello?"

"i'm so sorry, dr. schmitt. i must have lost myself." you smiled weakly at the young doctor in glasses.

"i'm doing perfectly fine. just a little hungry."

"uhm.. i'm gonna run a few more tests, and a head ct just in case." he noted down.

"why would i need that?" you snapped. the poor doctor shivered slightly. you palmed your forehead.

"i'm so sorry, doctor. i'm just..stressed. and this diagnosis is making my situation harder."

"mhm... sudden mood changes, loss of hearing... It's okay, y/n. i'll be right back to take you up."

you didnt have any mood changes, and you could hear him perfectly well. you just didnt want to answer. of course you werent okay. you were the farthest thing from okay.

*ding*

wilby: y/n please

y/n youve been gone two days please answer

y/n i need you

we need you

you: i'm sorry

wilby: Y/N

THANK GOD YOURE OKAY

you: i'm not

im sorta in the hospital

wilby: y/n please tell me you didnt

you: no

i didnt

you know i would never do that to you wilbur

wilby: thank god

so what happened

is it serious

do i need to fly over?

you: no

its sorta stupid

i thought i was having a heart attack

but uhm

wilby: wym you thought?

you: its called broken heart syndrome; basically all the same symptoms of a heart attack, like shortness of breath, chest pain etc.

it occurs under extreme stress

wilby: oh y/n

i'll be there soon

can i tell niki and the others? theyre worried

you: yeah go ahead

one question though

does 'others' include alex?

wilby: i'm sorry y/n

he hasnt asked?

you: no

wilby: i'm so sorry

was this because of him?

you: what other extreme stress do i have in my life lol

wilby: youre right i guess

just bought the tickets, be there by tomorrow hopefully

niki and tommy might be there too

you: tommy's mom is letting him go?

wilby: she knows you and probably loves you as her own daughter so yeah

you: alrighty

wilby: love you kiddo

you: gtg bitch

wilby: why?

you: i think your love just overloaded my heart and made it break again lmao

wilby: OH NO

IM SORRY

YN?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

you: LMAO jk

i have to go up for a head ct :D

wilby: you fucking suck

you: love you too wilby <3