Monday, January 4th, 2021

I didn't get to write yesterday.

nothing special happened. I woke up, went to football, got home, played Minecraft, ate, slept.

I only thought about him once yesterday. it was kind of weird. I had fallen while sprinting after the ball. in the moment, I just thought about him and next thing I know, the ball is in my hands.

weird.

it's monday.

nobody wants to be here. except me of course. today is the day I properly talk to George. George. George. love that name. simple but sweet. George.

we had two classes together. first was PE.

"today we're doing the mile run. meet me at the field."

I looked behind me to see a worried boy. George.

as my friends raced each other to the field, I stuck behind and decided to walk with the brit.

"oh! Clay! hello."

my mind went blank. he said my name. he remembered!

"hey George! let me guess, not a fan of the mile run?"

he rubbed the back of his neck and clicked his tongue.

"I guess you could say that. I'm a pretty fast runner don't get me wrong! it's just.."

"you don't have to tell me if you don't want to!"

I budded in. why the hell did I do that? I could've been patient and waited for him to finish.

"hm? oh it's not that! the mile run is just really boring when you're alone.."

alone? huh. I guess I've never had to do it alone. I've always had friends. I've never been the "new kid".

"I'll do it with you! I'm pretty athletic so I'm sure I could keep up."

he looked up at me and smiled.

"that would be lovely."

my heart practically stutters. his voice is like honey to my ears. the way he speaks is so, majestic.

that's weird.

we were at the field. coach had his whistle.

"you will be timed. 2 laps around the field makes a mile. 3 2 1 go."

I can tell he hates his job just as much as we hate class.

George got a head start. I was close behind. He looked back and smiled. I slowed down. so did he.

"are you alright? we can slow down if you want."

"what? no I'm fine! just um, tripped a bit!"

we sped up. we were about half way around the field when we decided to slow down. we jogged last the coach.

"3:28. go do one more lap."

George looked over at me and smiled.

"hey! that's pretty good!"

I looked down at him and smirked. he didn't seem to be out of breathe. barely sweating. I probably look disgusting.

"hey I got an idea.."

we slowed down to a walking pace. George looked confused. I looked up at the sky and took a deep breathe.

"race ya."

he looked a bit worried at first but quickly came around. we took off.

he beat me.

see you tomorrow George.