Saturday, January 16th, 2021

he came. he really came.

I don't know why he wouldn't. he seems to nice to ditch someone.

it was a little awkward at first. I didn't really know what to do. but the second we walked in, it all drifted away.

the shorter boy was practically sprinting twirls the young adult section.

he spoke with his thick british accent.

"Clay look! I haven't been able to find this book anywhere!"

The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert

the cover had a black background and white text with vines surrounding it.

he had both hands on it with wide eyes full of pure joy and excitement. I could practically see them glisten.

"Well, what's it about?"

he looked up and I could see he was ready to explode. I led him to the small cafe in the library as he spoke about this book.

"It's about a seventeen year old girl named Alice. Her and her mother have practically lived their whole lives on the road. somehow, it seems like their always a step ahead of the uncanny bad luck biting at their heels."

I mesmerized every word he said. I'm not sure why. but the book sounded interesting and he seemed excited.

as we grabbed our drinks, George's face flashed white. I looked over at him concerned and questioned him.

"I just moved here. I don't have a library card. I've been waiting so long to read this book.. I guess I'll just have to wait to get my card."

as the boy sulked over to the book shelf, I quickly pulled out my wallet. opening the leather flaps, I found my old green library card.

I tapped his shoulder lightly. he turned around, looking at the card. I had it held between my index and pointer finger right next to my face.

with the biggest smile, I handed the boy the card. he could not stop thanking me.

I learned quite a lot about George today.

his favorite colour is blue, he really likes reading, he is a big coffee person, and most importantly,

he plays Minecraft.