one

It all started in the middle of the summer, where my mom decided she wanted to talk to me. When I say talk, I mean yelling indescribable things that doesn't make sense and blaming me for my dad's death. He died of lung cancer the year before; my mom was left devastated and broken.

Anyway, she decided to send me away to college. She figured I needed to stand on my own legs for a while if that makes sense, so she did.

"Are you Erica Hammington?" The secretary from the school said as I entered the office.

"The one and only." I replied.

She looked up at me, her eyes eyeing me up and down. I furrowed my eyebrows, why did she give me that look?

"Right," She said, putting on her big glasses, "This is all your classes for this year, a map of the school, plus the key to your room. The curfew is 22:00, so don't be running around the halls that late!" She gave me a small smile, but it didn't reach her eyes.

I smiled, "Alright, thanks."

I left her office, trying to figure out where to go next. Honestly, the map was so confusing so I decided to ditch it in a nearby trash can. The number on my key was '184', so I decided to look around for a bit.

After almost an hour, I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't want to ask anyone where it was, but I was kinda forced to it.

"Excuse me?" I said, slowly walking towards a friendly looking guy.

"What's up love?" He said, a sincere smile on his lips.

"Can you tell me where room 184 is? I can't find it anywhere." I said.

He laughed, "Ditched your map?"

I merely nodded.

"I did the same when I first got here. Only took me a couple of minutes to find it." He said.

"So I'm supposed to be impressed now, am I?" I teased.

"Nope, but I'm certainly not impressed of you. This is the boy dorm, the girls dorm is on the other side of the building." He winked, walking away.

Blushing, I looked around only to see guys hanging around. Some ignored me, others were silently laughing over me.

I cursed under my breath before walking towards the girls dorm. Five minutes passed 'till I found room 184. The door wasn't locked, so I figured my roommate already had settled down.

"You've got to be kidding." A girl said as I opened the door and stepped in.

"What," I said, dumbfounded.

"I've had this room alone for one whole year, I can't suddenly share!" She blurbed out.

I glanced at the room, "I can see that.. Tell me, do you ever clean?" I teased.

"Tsk, of course. Once every third month or so." She said, shrugging.

"Well.. Can you please move your stuff away from my half?" I asked and she nodded, removing all of her makeup, music and... Was that her panties?!

"Ewww you put your panties on my bed?!" I yelled, my body making complete spastic movements making her laugh.

"Relax, jesus! I haven't even used them; they're clean." She playfully rolled her eyes.

I put my bag on top of my bed as I began unpacking.

"What year are you in?" I asked, trying to make small talk.

"I'm on my second year." She stated and I gave her a smile.

"Okay. I'm Erica by the way." I said.

She nodded, "I'm Ariel."

I nodded to myself, glancing at the walls. I discovered a few paintings and drawings on there, and my eyes widened a bit at the sight.

"Oh my gosh, did you make these?" I asked as I slowly touched them.

"Yup, I take art classes." She explained and I quickly nodded to myself.

"Those are incredible!" I enthusiastically yelled while turning towards her.

She winked, "Thanks! Now, do you mind meeting some of my friends? I'm sure they'll be glad to meet you."

"Alright." I smiled.

I had already made a friend and I was honestly really excited to meet many other people.

But one of her friends didn't turn out to be like those bff's you see in the movies. No, his eyes cold eyes did nothing but stare at me the whole time as if I was some kind dessert. Not comfortable.

He finally opened his mouth to speak, "I'm Niall Horan. And your name is?"

✕✕✕✕

im usually not one to put certain amount of likes or reads, but i've decided to put a goal for every chapter, so i won't post until we've achieved that goal! the goal for the next chapter is 100 reads on part one; it should be easy enough.

LOVEE YOU BYE