twelve

this chapter is dedicated to one of our readers, Ida! I hope you had an amazing birthday today, love you. (@idabdw)

✕✕✕✕

"It's not like I'm a bad person, but I'm not exactly good either. Like I said, you should stay away from me." A voice inside my said as I lied on my bed in completely darkness.

"But what if I don't want to?" I heard my own whisper.

"Then I'm almost sure you're going to get hurt." The voice said. Nialls voice.

He did warn me, didn't he? He told me I should stay away from him and I didn't. I almost felt bad for him. Almost.

Now that I had talked to Niall, I'm going to ask around about him to find out what gang he's in and the reason behind it. Even though I had decided to stop talking to him and avoiding problems when I found out if he had killed people (which he kinda admitted he has), I couldn't help but want to find out more. Know more about the reason he got himself into it and how he did it.

I also wanted to know how fucked I was and who I was messing with.

I closed my eyes and let myself fall asleep.

When I opened my eyes again, I furrowed my eyebrows because of the light, wondering if I had instantly fallen asleep and slept until the morning. However, I realized the light wasn't coming from the window, but the lamp which was standing at Ariels desk.

"Ariel? Are you okay?" I questioned but I got no reply.

"Ariel?" I repeated.

"What.." I heard her mumble and I let out a relieved sigh.

"Jesus, Ariel, I thought you were dead or someone was kidnapping you!" I laughed at my own ridiculousness.

"Mmm.." Her voice was very high pitched and I wondered why.

"What the.." I let out a scream as I pulled off her covers and found Zayn lying there, his eyes closed as he covered himself with his hand like he was expecting I would hit him.

"Why. Are. You. In. Ariels. Bed!?" I demanded and he finally let me see his face.

"I.. Um..." He thought for a while before finally sitting up, "Her bed is much more comfortable than mine." He said.

Right.

"Where's Ariel?" I questioned.

"She's at a party." He lied.

How could I tell that?

Well, first of all; he wasn't making eye contact.

Second of all, he kept fumbling with the covers.

"And.. You weren't invited, so she made me sleep here, I'm sorry I lied at first." He said.

"I'm not stupid, Zayn." I laughed, but I'm sure it seemed a lot more frightening to him than it did to me.

"Now," I started, taking a few steps closer to him, "Tell me where Ariel is or else." I tried to sound serious and angry, but I'm not sure if it worked.

"Oh, you want to fight, doll?" Zayn smirked, standing up. He had definitely gotten his confidence back.

I must admit I got a little scared there.

He kinda reminded me of Niall right then and there.

My eyes lit up in realization, "Zayn? Has this something to do with Niall?" I questioned and his mouth opened to speak but he quickly closed it again.