Prologue

Getting out of the office, I made my way to the conference hall with my assistant behind me. When I reached the hall I knocked softly, opening the door of the conference room. The chatters and talk died down when I entered the room. The room was more crowded than I expected it would be. My brother; Ryan was seated at the head of the table with Carl seated on his right side. Nodding at Ryan I took the empty seat beside Carl; Rosy took a seat at the other end of the table beside Carl and Ryan's PA. 

"Excuse me for being late." I said loud enough for everyone. 

"It's ok, we didn't start yet anyway." Ryan said to which everyone nodded. I know our own stuff but between the unknown people I spotted two familiar faces. Where did I see them? I don't have any idea but both of the men sitting on Ryan's left were looking surprisingly familiar or I'm making a mistake. The first guy had dark brown hair with the same dark eye color, sharp jawline which was covered with a little stubble and golden skin. By the way he was seated he looked tall, around 6-feet or more. 

Beside him the other guy was almost the same height and build as him, both of them have broad shoulders but his features are a bit different. Light brown hair, softer features with light skin opposite to the first he had a clean shaved face. The smirk on his face didn't go unnoticed; I just rolled my eyes at him with a straight face giving him a bored look. He wasn't looking attractive enough but the first one is indeed something worth looking at. Carl nudged my elbow getting my attention; his timing is the worst always. 

"Hmm?" I hummed looking at him. 

"Where were you? I remind you through your PA but still you came late." He said in a whisper tone. I just shrugged at him; I thought he wanted to say something important. 

"Stop acting like a little brat." I just looked at him with a grin. 

"You can scold me if you want, go on." I challenged him with a smirk. Huffing helplessly he shakes his head. Carl is my best friend and somehow my cousin too; he is the only one after Ryan who can scold me and put me back in place. 

His attention was back to the files on his hand, honestly I don't know what is written on that file so I just pretend that I know the content of the file and start scrolling through pages. Gosh it's so boring; these papers are so full. I don't want to read them. What are they dealing about, is it about a new hotel or oil business? It sounds weird when you think about something when you have full detailed information on hand but it wasn't my fault, it's my mood shitting. 

Sensing someone's burning gaze made me look up. I nearly gasped loudly at the sudden eye contact. The dark brown orb was fixed on me. He didn't look away, instead he gave a charming smile. If I say he is not handsome it would be a lie, for the sake of that handsome face I returned the smile. The only person that's getting on my nerves is the guy sitting beside him; the asshole is smirking like a monkey found peanut. Ugh, someone just slapped him right in the face. 

"You didn't read the file I gave you last night, did you?" Carl speaks from beside me. 

I hummed with an annoyed look, instead of replying verbally. He knows every kind of my humming, the no, the yes, the bored one, the whinny one and of course the one I do when I'm starving. He treats me like a precious baby like Ryan was doing once. I frowned at my own thoughts shutting the file which was in my hand. "What happened? What's with that frown?" He asked, looking at me with concern written all over his face. 

"I have a strong feeling of running out of here." I replied. He gives me a weird look before nodding his head. This means 'we will talk about it later', no one knows our sign language, only we two can understand it. "We are dealing with a new hotel project with the Kingman, focus on the rest yourself." He informed me about the deal knowing I am not going to read those papers. I smiled happily in relief cause I wasn't going to pay attention to the rest too. 

"What would you do without me?" He said, smirking. I regret it now. I should have read those damn papers instead of busting his ego. 

"Definitely already dead. My dead body would've been floating at the corners of the beach till it reached the Atlantic." I said with sarcasm dripping from every word. Blinking my lashes dramatically I looked at his face which had the funniest look right now, he was torn between glaring and smiling. "Sacrum is flowing like water flowing from Niagara. Little brat." He muttered to himself, putting a smile on my face with his words. I just love annoying him. 

Turning his face to the projector his attention was back to the meeting on progress and mine; was back to stealing glances from the Greek God which was sitting opposite to me. I was trying hard to remember where I knew him from but nothing came to mind. 

For a few seconds I give up on thinking about him and pretend that I'm listening to what they're saying until... a voice stopped my hands. 

"What does Miss Stephan think about this?" That voice. I looked up to see the person that voice belonged to. He was looking at me with a smirk. It was like I lost the control on my voice, I shouldn't let him affect me but it did. I know I was looking dumbfounded but to hell with that, let them think anything they want right now nothing mattered. I was looking at him trying to find the answer to my question but I couldn't concentrate when his eyes were focused on me, his gaze didn't drop nor the smirk on his face. Who are you?