CH.5 Elites

Leaning back in my chair I was watching her from behind when she was leaving the restaurant along with James. Her tagging along with James doesn't look good to me nor does it help me in any way.

"You knew they were here, didn't you?" Sires speak from my opposite seat.

"There isn't anything by name of coincidence in my world." Fishing a 50$ tip out of my wallet, we both stand together to leave the fast food restaurant. Dining in places like this wasn't my class.

Sires hop in behind the wheel taking us to our regular dinner. It took us 30 minutes to reach Eleven Madison Park, the restaurant was one of our regular fancy restaurants we were visiting individually or in case of business deals.

"Is there an investigator responsible for your stalking purpose?" He said, taking a bite of his steak. The words coming out his mouth had a hint of coldness and distaste.

"Is there something I don't know about?" I answered with another question, sipping the oak-aged Chardonnay from the big bowl glass of wine.

Slightly releasing a huff he put the fork and knife on his plate to give his full attention to me. His eyes were showing the hesitation of saying the words he was holding back. Somehow I knew what he wanted to say but I let him confirm.

"Your obsession with stalking her isn't going to end on our behalf. The deal will be off the second they will notice this thing you've been up to all this time." Sire's words did have some points but this wasn't an excuse to keep me from going ahead with what I was planning on.

"My aim isn't conjecturable yet but even if they get cognizant of it, do you think I'm at fault?" I reason.

For a second his eyes froze on the wine glass in front of him before meeting my gaze. He made an annoyed face before answering me.

"Why are you making me feel guilty for advising and caring for you?" Making a click sound with his tongue he takes a bite of his meal. I couldn't help but smile at his reply.

"That woman is still a heartbreaker, her visage is sending the message clearly 'I dare you to cross me if you are ready to do, put your heart under my stiletto so I smash it royally for you.'" He quotes with a straight face. "And she still glares at me like I'm an enemy from her history." Well that was indeed herself.

"When was the event again?" His eyes narrowed thinking a few second before it clicked. 

"Man, you were talking about the opening." I nod.

"I almost forget about it If you haven't told. It will be tomorrow night. You're up for it?" He asked. I arch a brow at his question. 

"Got it." He dragged with a dramatic sigh. "Of course you're."

*****

The opening of the Elites club was 2 hours away from joining. I couldn't wait for the night to start officially.

Grooming in a three piece black suit and a dark teal shirt not getting the hassle of wearing a tie I left the first two buttons open. Applying some cologne on my wrist, collar and under my ear I was so ready to leave the mansion.

Sires was leaning against the SUV chatting with my driver and glancing at his watch each minute.

"Waited long?" I voiced from the marble stairs.

"Bro, you're taking a long time but... damn you look dashing tonight." He complimented me.

"You don't look bad yourself." I replied back with a grin.

He was suited in a black blazer and blue shirt with the tie off. Sleeves folded up which showed his arm tattoo. That was my handsome brother.