CH. 11 Burn Me with Pleasure

Bewilderedness of the situations happening lately had my mind all over the place. It's one of those times when I can't think clearly. Right or wrong gets mistaken easily. So just to simplify the complexity of the situation, I lock myself from the outer world inside the comfort of my apartment.

Thinking back to the cause of my misery, the trail of thoughts always leads back to him. I nearly let him spellbind me. His lips were a mere inch away from mine. If I didn't break out of the haze the situation would've gotten way more messed up than it's now. Pushing him away and leaving was the cleverest thing I could think of.

After I was cooled off from sexual frustration and my thumping heartbeat I quickly gather my things to work from home for a week or so. Thank Carl who was working in my office throughout this week. Going undercover was the best way to avoid being stalked by that handsome bastard.

After everything he did, now he dared to call and act all proud of what he did. He thought as if he was the forgiving king and I was the fool swiping under his feet. Now I'm burbling things that won't make a bit of sense and anyone hearing it will think I've got mad, rambling incoherent words. I should erase him from my mind for a while to not lose focus on my work.

The first few days I shortlist applicable venues I could get my hands to. When the list was almost complete I bailed myself from all the work from the office instead of focusing on making calls and arrangements. So far I was done with half of the other checklists.

The theme was decided already, the budget wasn't a problem from the start, and the date and time were set too. The venue was given away by an idiot who I thought was capable of being a manager. Because? The dimwit forgot the work but didn't forget getting drunk on the weekend.

Thank God I found another place after making a ton of calls. That was the most important, I left the lighting, music, rehearsal, and rest on the yellow top girl. The same day I found out about the venue I fired the manager on the spot and announced the yellow top in his place. Let's see how she will prove herself.

Even though I was done with all the work I still didn't want to get out of my apartment. I'm feeling better staying home for a while. My inner introvert is quite demanding. During this whole week the only clothing I used was panties and a shirt.

"Are you sure that you don't want to accompany me?" Carl voiced coming out of the bathroom and getting ready on his way to leave for Elites. He lives on different floors but we spend most of our time together. I was watching him from the sofa I was lying comfortably on. The white shirt he was putting on was going well with the dark denim jeans. Despite his good appetite for food he was looking as fit as a fiddle. No matter what he wears, this guy standing in front of me sure knows how to rock any garment he puts over his body.

"100 percent sure. I want to stay home."

"You can't lock yourself in this apartment 24/7... Sun and moon misses you out there." He joked, chuckling at his own words, his hands still busy polishing his looks.

"Let them miss me a bit more." I joked back.

"You haven't eaten yet, do you want me to make you something before leaving?" Well one thing I haven't elaborated yet is the lack of skill and talent in culinary. Except for breakfast which doesn't include cooking, I can't even fry an egg for myself.

"Don't worry. I'm not feeling like eating at all. Instead of worrying, go and have fun for me too." Walking to where Carl was sitting on the couch fastening his shoes I took the jacket which was lying beside him from the couch holding it up for him to wear. He stood up however, not turning around instead; he was staring at me suspiciously, giving me that look.