CH. 4 Stalk Her part II

3 fucking days past from that meeting, not once I could stop thinking about him. My stressful life was already enough for me that I couldn't make some space for another stress.

"Did you decide what you want to eat?" Carl asked, putting down his menu on the dining table of the restaurant. We left the office shortly after our little conversation, not even bothering to go to our Cando first for a change of clothes. Using the office bathroom, we took a shower and used our spare clothes that we always keep in the office wardrobe. Afterward Carl drove us to one of the nearest restaurants to have dinner. It wasn't a fancy dinner after all. Sometimes a lady needs her fast food too.

"Order whatever you're having. Better if it tastes good." Freeing myself from the hassle of checking the menu I lean back on my chair zoning out to the light work of New York streets. Despite being crowded, they still looked beautiful enough to zone out.

"What a pleasant coincidence?" An annoying voice reached my hearing. To be exact, to our booth's left was standing none-other than the devil himself. I thought I was hallucinating but he was really present. Glaring at the side of him I huffed pretending I didn't even see them coming. Like the other day his lawyer was with him, monkey.

"Good evening Miss. Stephan." In a mocking tone he voiced for me. Averting my eyes from the city I took his whole appearance; he was still in office attire but his suit jacket was off along his tie. Sleeves folded up to elbow, with two buttons of his shirt off. I never saw a man with cleavage before. His chest muscles were forming a perfect manly cleavage which was peeking through the opened area. Damn he is ripped. Why does he have to be so perfect yet so annoying? God, what am I saying?

To not get caught I avert my eyes from his chest, directly meeting his gaze. His dark brown eyes were sharp like a hawk watching his prey. He knew I was checking out his figure, his eyes were mirroring his smirk perfectly. Cocky bastard.

"Good evening." I seethed with a cold tone not addressing him with his last name.

Covering his grin by scratching his eyebrow with the back of his index finger he looks up through his lashes, recovering his posture with a smile.

"Seems like you guys were going to have dinner; I would be happy if you join us? Of course if you guys are comfortable enough." He said.

"Actually, we were going to get our packed order, we weren't planning on dinner here. Have a nice meal Mr. Kingman. Maybe some other time." I replied instantly before Carl could open his mouth. Kingman stood there for the first time with a frown.

"We were?" Carl asked slowly at my sudden outburst. With a blink of an eye I made him understand what I was trying to do. When realization hits, he nods slightly.

"Whatever you wish, Miss. Stephan. I'm sure there will be a lot of next time for us." This time it was Kingman who spoke. Replying with an indirect answer they excused themselves to the other side of the restaurant. My eyes were following him till he stopped in his tracks. Suddenly he looked behind himself where I was sitting, I was still looking at him shamelessly even though I got caught staring at him. Grinning like an idiot he is, he winked before sitting in one of the chairs. Still glaring at him I turned my head not letting my eye go wide at his bluntness in front of him.

Till the waitress packed our order I was glimpsing to my side from time to time. Unaware that I was unknowingly giving him the attention he was seeking. Thankfully we didn't get to stay for long and left the restaurant the moment we got our package. The whole way Carl waited patiently to fire all his questions at once when we reached my Cando.

We both took our plates and got comfortable on the couch in front of the television. The moment my butt hit the couch he fired his question.

"So straight to the point, from where do you know Kingman?" He asked, taking a bite of his fried catfish.

"Who said I know him?" I asked without delay. Carl stopped suddenly with food close to his mouth.

"Then why are you both acting like you know each other and why would you hate him that much without any reason?" I sigh not knowing how to answer it when I don't have any idea myself, at least Carl wasn't wrong while I was confusing myself.

"I'm frustrated, I feel like I know him but I can't place it properly beside it, his behavior isn't helping either and, I don't hate him I just don't like him." I replied with a tired mood cutting tiny pieces of wrapper paper with my finger nails. It's tiring, too tiring. Carl wasn't saying anything either, instead he was spacing out in his own thoughts.

"Anyway, can't refuse how nice his cleavage looked?" Immediately I turned my head toward Carl at his sudden change of topic. I know he did it intentionally but I didn't comment on it. He glanced at my side, grinning, his grin made me laugh at his expression.

"It was but yours isn't bad either. If you weren't playing in another league, I would have already had an experience of ogling yours too." Still laughing, I said pointing to his chest. Carl is as tall as Ryan; a perfect 6.2 with masculine build not bulky like Kingman but enough. With his dark hair and golden skin, he is a wet dream for any woman who sees him for the first time. But one thing to know about Carl is; he is not interested in women.

"He is not my type but his body shape was inspiring. Instead his PA was looking more alluring." With a knowing grimace he leans back putting both his arms behind his head. Only god knows what was going through Carl's mind.

I didn't notice Kingman's PA that day but if Carl liked him then there was something special about him too. "Whatever, I will still be rooting for you anyway." Carl gave a smile of appreciation at my reply before we both went back to eating our meal.

Maybe this is the reason we are still friends; for we don't need to explain our situation to each other, we understand each other more than anyone else.